One Year Later

Prince

Torque King
Car
BMW E36 318is Coupe
One year ago I bought a 1999 Honda Civic Coupe. The day I had it on the drive I signed up to a few forums looking for advice. After signing up here, reading the articles on the main site and chatting with all of you about various topics I have to say what a great move it was to sign up here.

When I started I knew pretty much nothing about modifying but this website has given me the confidence to go out and get things done. I now know exactly what needs doing to my Civic and I can easily advise others on what to do with their vehicles (I'm even the Honda moderator). This community has grown and continues to grow and it's great to a part of it!

Here's to TorqueCars!!! :bigsmile:

Time flies when you are having fun! I frequent a few websites, part own one and they become second homes. Some don't always pan out like you hope and there are some that make you feel at home, like this one.

I can see myself spending alot of time on here and my other home!

I use a couple of others as well but most of the time I'm posting on here. Now I might not know everything but I have picked up a few things over the years and I'm happy to contribute on here because people really do listen on here an it is a good community. I'll say it as well Here's to Torque Cars....:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Time flies when you are having fun! I frequent a few websites, part own one and they become second homes. Some don't always pan out like you hope and there are some that make you feel at home, like this one.

There seems to be a pretty good spread of experience and age on this forum, along with an interesting divergence of opinions (which is very healthy) without the all-too-common flaming.

Long may it continue.

There seems to be a pretty good spread of experience and age on this forum,

i think thats whats good about it. its not just 17-20 year olds saying about an induction kit on a 1,2 will give 10 bhp and driving like a ????? (insert whatever you feel will fit) is perfectly fine.
whereas here there are members, like yourself og, who have been tuning cars longer than alot of the members have been walking let alone driving.

This thread gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Group hug anyone?

Its the members that make the forum, not the forum that makes the members! So thanks to all you guys for all your posts and interesting thread ideas and comments.

This thread gave me a warm and fuzzy feeling. Group hug anyone?

Its the members that make the forum, not the forum that makes the members! So thanks to all you guys for all your posts and interesting thread ideas and comments.

All hail waynne for creating this site for us....:D:D:D Nice one mate. :D:D

this site is like a drug, addictive, but its good for the health, knoledge wise anyway

this is the only forum im part of, so thats good
was on another site and didnt feel at home, i was abused, but what i retaliated with was un-called for, never had to do that here, its a great forum to be part of

waynne and prince saw me right when i joined, but yeah turbo, they are all cool

You're a fellow Honda nut so I had to! :lol:

Seriously, we have a great group of members here all with something to contribute. If we continue this trend we are currently on, we could have one of the best car clubs there has ever been!

You're a fellow Honda nut so I had to! :lol:

Seriously, we have a great group of members here all with something to contribute. If we continue this trend we are currently on, we could have one of the best car clubs there has ever been!

What do you mean "We could Have". This is already the best car club,forum already ;):bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

That ain't bad, but it's a pity the posters are not frequent enough, it needs to retain them and keep them posting. For a forum with such a high membership the amount that post is quite low. Do you have any fliers that can be printed off? Would be a good thing to drop under wipers when at shows or out and about.

That ain't bad, but it's a pity the posters are not frequent enough, it needs to retain them and keep them posting. For a forum with such a high membership the amount that post is quite low. Do you have any fliers that can be printed off? Would be a good thing to drop under wipers when at shows or out and about.

yeah thats the problem the amount of members that have joined but never posted is huge, have a look on the members pag theres around 50 pages with members who have never posted
waynne sends out reminders everys often to all who havnt posted in a while.

dont know if they do flyers would be a good idea

yeah thats the problem the amount of members that have joined but never posted is huge, have a look on the members pag theres around 50 pages with members who have never posted
waynne sends out reminders everys often to all who havnt posted in a while.

dont know if they do flyers would be a good idea

Conversely, there are probably a few members that Waynne wishes didn't post so much :)

Probably me with all my endless questions.

I must say I like this forum and the way that most if not all of the posts are helpful. A lot of forums have a lot of junk in them. Pretty much all I read is quality.

I think we should all start more threads though (interesting ones). I think that new threads are the life of a forum but I really enjoy myself on here and this is one of the few forums I regularly visit.

nah its more OG picking up on every error waynne makes started with NOS and now pcks up on speeling

Wel, sombody haz 2 :)

Not quite right. Waynne picked up on his own 'mistake' and I helped him out with a reason why he used it.

But since then it has become open warfare! The problem now is that I have to be so careful or Waynne will pounce :)

:lol: I actively encourage criticism if it is constructive. Old-Git is well aware that I am not perfect and all knowing :D

Don't ever feel inhibited to point out my errors mate - its very welcome!

Yes the forum does have a lot of non posting members but things have improved a lot recently. I have also started sending out reminders and newsletters to get people coming back.

As has already been mentioned in this thread a forum lives or dies based on its members. New threads are the most important thing and we always need to show a professional image to potential new members. If no-one posted or was online we would quickly die as a community.

We are doing well, we currently get 10-20 new members per day. Many join to read up the existing posts and see the awesome gallery but the way we welcome newbies and offer helpful friendly advice will encourage others to start posting.

Most forums have a user post rate of under 10% especially if most of their traffic is from the search engines rather than word of mounth. On this basis we are actually doing quite well;)

The meet up get some stickers printed every one pop one small one on the car and maybe fliers for other events to pop on windows and show cars :D

ok, I wanna do some drawings of all ya cars here, well not all but the most that i can, and i will do them in my way, as i would do them, and add them here so ya might see them, what do you say for this, and just for torquecars.com
all i need is a little time, ok?

ok, I wanna do some drawings of all ya cars here, well not all but the most that i can, and i will do them in my way, as i would do them, and add them here so ya might see them, what do you say for this, and just for torquecars.com
pop up a thread mate im sure alot of people would be interested :D

Edit: oh and maybe you should design a logo or sumthing for the forum :D

Last edited:
are you using paint shop pro???:D

Yeah mate that's sweet. You can definitely do mine!

are you using paint shop pro???:D

nope mate, just hand drawing, without paintings, i'm not good in painting, but i can do lines real good. and yea, i will take the pics of some of your cars, and draw them in my own way, but first we'll start with the logo for torquecars.com.
by the way, it'll take longer, cause i have no scanner, i will have to beg a friend of mine, but i'm sure he will let me use his scanner.

How about using this. You could edit it if you wanted? Remove the background...do whatever you like mate.

thanks mate. looks cool, i'm gonna do them both 3 and show them, and then with voting we could choose a logo, if waynne agrees. i'm gonna do this, but with free hand draw, not with computer.