(o.O) NOOOB

puntah

Wrench Pro
Car
Honda Accord 2.0i
hiya folks, my names Myke, i drive a 1.2 75SX Fiat Punto.

recently installed an induction kit and a carbon fiber / stainless steel backbox. might be looking at an engine overhaul sometime as the 10yr old engine is starting to sound a little dead.

seriousley considering fast road cams, engine remap and a nice exhaust system. once the engine is top notch possibly even NOS that emites small amounts for a small burst, not a big one.

thats about it ^_^

Sounds good to me. You've done some sensible mods there. Personally I'm not too sure about nossing a 1.2. Welcome to the site Myke - hope you spend as much time here as we do!

Did you get much more power with the induction kit and back box or did it seem about the same? (I bet it sounds great though when you drive it!)

A strip down and rebuilt usually makes an engine much more efficient so you will notice the power but that costs a lot of money to do.

Try a bottle of 10K Boost before stripping down the engine. It's £25 for a treatment, but it cleans out all the coke deposits that have built up in the engine and will restore a good portion of the power lost because of them.

Your Punto sounds ace, although before you shell out on the NOS kit, it might be worth thinking about a full exhaust system and manifold and an ECU remap. It might cost a couple of hundred quid more, but you get a constant, more useable increase in power and torque, and you don't have to pay for a refill when the bottle runs out.

righty o, i looked into a rebuild. £700 + labour. so its gonna be close to £1,000.

road cams will be £240 fitted. i finally got some alloy wheels real cheap, £80 for 4 wheels and tyres. they're quite scratched up but as long as they give me more traction on corners etc then i don't perticularly care what they look like

the exhaust is sounding awful in the middle section just behind the cat, and its a relativley new exhaust but bebause i had the backbox done they had to cut the old one off.. and the system is classed as modified so i can't get it replaced under warranty, so if thta dies i'll look at a full 4" system or whatever's best for me.

main problem is money.

it actually feels a wee slight bit more powerful, and it sure does sound the dogs bollocks.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back