Torque Cars

Nobody should drive in these.

Discussion in 'General car Chat' started by TCJBOLDIE, 21 May 2016.

1. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    IF you or any of your loved ones are in the habit of driving with any of the following footwear when behind the wheel then IMO you should advise them of the dangers and encourage them to wear footwear designed for driving and not dancing or the catwalk as one simply can not have proper feel and control especially in an emergency situation where fractions of seconds can be the difference between crashing or not.
    1 High heels/spikes.
    2 any shoe without a heel strap.
    3 Platform soled shoes.
    4 steel cap work boots.

After all one does not wear any of the above when playing sport as they would hinder your performance.

HDi fun likes this.
  2. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    We have to remember that most of the problems with driving actually originate at the opposite end of the body :D

3. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    So true |B BUT that end is the one that decides what to wear ;)

T9 man and HDi fun like this.
  4. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    I did once try to drive in steel capped boots. Believe me these completely remove the need for any form of brake force multiplication. This was way before ABS and was, frankly, extremely bloody dangerous. All 3 pedals were relegated to switch mode binary operation :D

5. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    With steel cap clodhoppers there is absolutely zero feel and can pick up more than 1 pedal in some vehicles built with the pedals close together.

HDi fun likes this.
  6. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    That's exactly what I mean. Thankfully the thing planted upon the other end of my frame is working.

Driving is far more a cognitive thing than a physical thing.

7. herb

herb modherbrator Moderator

west midlands
    Car:
    Seat Leon Cupra
    I drive in riggers/steel toe caps virtually every working day I see no issue in doing so!

8. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    One can get used to almost anything with practice BUT IMHO that doesn't mean that they are the best choice for driving.:)

Last edited: 24 May 2016
  9. herb

herb modherbrator Moderator

west midlands
    Car:
    Seat Leon Cupra
    I'll admit they are not the most comfortable of driving attire. But they are still usable/competent footwear for when I drive!

10. HDi fun

HDi fun TC ModFather

Buckinghamshire UK
    Car:
    Passat 2.0 TDi
    If you can manage it then no reason not to do so.

11. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    I also had to wear steel cap boots when I was still working as a builder.
    BUT I certainly didn't chose to wear them when I went for a nice spirited drive in the country:)

PS I only started this discussion to contribute to the forums and to encourage people to make better choices when getting behind the wheel.

HDi fun likes this.
  12. misrule

misrule Newbie

Born York, Live Australia
    Car:
    BMW E36 M3 Euro 96'
    I prefer bare feet, you feel more connected to the car/road

13. TCJBOLDIE

TCJBOLDIE Torque King

Brisbane
    Car:
    JB Starion
    You will have better feel than saftey boots but I would still recommend wearing something similar to my PUMA FUTURE CAT driving shoes that are as close as possible to the bare feet feel IMO.:)

http://us.puma.com/en_US/pd/ferrari...a305735.html?dwvar_pna305735_color=02#start=2
    This is similar to what I wear but not with the Ferrari logo .

Last edited: 1 June 2016