Nissan b17 modder here!

Wolflock

Car
Sentra B17 MRA8DE
Hi, just wanted to say I'm excited about finding this forum. I have a 2016 Nissan Sentra b17 cvt with a MRA8DE 1.8l engine, and I want to turbocharge it. Granted, I barely know anything about engines at the moment but I'm excited and willing to learn (which explains me being second semester mechanical engineering).Also have access to a full shop.

there re a few threads about this and one that specifically answers your question

fitting-a-turbo-some-dos-and-dont-s (under technical then turbos, superchargers)

But a precis
It is not simply bolting on a turbo
It will be expensive
it is not straight forward - you may need to change some internal engine parts
you would probably be better off buying a different car

See if there is a turbo-ed motor that can be fitted as that will be the most economical way or even better trade it for one that has a factory fitted turbo.

Or, you know, maybe going straigth for forced induction is a not so good idea, maybe some pointers as to where to start in car modification, because I really want to get started in this, even if it's something small such as air filters or the like. We are starting a project muscle car during summer. My dad and brother know what they are doing, but I don't, and I'd like to start somewhere.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Sorry for my late reply, had quite a lot on recently and not been able to post as much on here as I would like.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Suspension upgrades, brake pads (make sure you are supervised when doing these), camshafts etc are all good mods for starting out.

Exhaust and intake make very little extra power but it's all part of the learning curve as they say so you'll build up some experience with each thing you do.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back