bhoyd67

Car
toyota corolla 1.6
Hi folks,

im new to this forum for the simple purpose that i've just bought a 56 plate Toyota Corolla colour collection 1.6 vvti. Its a 3 door hatchback and im just looking for some styling mods, what size of wheels look best (without rubbing arches), is it worth sticking a rear spoiler on (back end looks a bit basic just now). Is it worth getting it chipped ?

Any small pointers on what and where best to purchase would be great ;)

hey and welcome to the site mate.
wheels and size come down to you.
personally id go a sutle lip spoiler rather than a huge boy racer one if you were going ahead with it.

wont need chipped as its new and can work OBD2 however toyota dont like theyre ECUs touched and are locked. youd need to get a full piggyback ECU that works in conjunction with the standard one such as the Apexi units.
But to be honest for the price youll pay for less than a 10bhp gain not really worth it.
however if you decide to supercharge it then it would be worth to get the best from it

will 17" alloys fit without any bother ?

And wheres best in scotland to buy a lip spoiler from ?

Can you also measure the clearance between the top of your current wheel and your wheelarch? On standard suspension you should allow a good 2 inches of travel. With stiffer springs you can get away with slightly less than this.

If you went with low profile tyres it is possible to go an inch larger on the rim and still keep the same overall wheel diameter.;)

15" rims just now and the gap from the wheel to arch is 3" at front and 3.5" at the rear. Think i'll get away with 17s or will i need to upgrade the suspension first ?

Tyres just now are 195/60/15

going for a 40 maybe 45 profile and you shouldnt have issues with clearance.

where in scotland ? id say the internet itll be cheaper than most shops

going for a 40 maybe 45 profile and you shouldnt have issues with clearance.

where in scotland ? id say the internet itll be cheaper than most shops

Im in Ayrshire mate, camskill are v good for tyres so just to find a decent site for the alloys and a lip spoiler at good prices;)