trfkcop

Car
03 Audi TT Roadster
I have been a lurker for a while, and wanted to say hello. I bought my Wife a 2003 TT Roadster 3 years ago as that is what she wanted. Never really interested me until recently. Bone stock, so where to start without spending a ton of money?

Greetings trfkcop and welcome to our TorqueCars forum :)

Yes agree with my esteemed colleague above, good grippy tyres and a performance remap of the engine ECU will release a few more horses and improve the cars drivability. You can have a generic performance map which will be cheaper and quicker, this is were they will upload a tried and tested map on to your car and this should work fine. Or, you can have a custom remap done on a rolling road, more expensive but better because it will be tailored to the cars specific hardware and peculiarities. You can have the car tuned for performance/economy, just make sure you discuss what you are looking for with the mapper first. If go down either route, make sure you get the car fully serviced first and this will need to include the spark plugs and air filter.

Love the shape of the TT and would put a TTRS in by garage immediately upon winning Lotto.
IIRC the early TT's had a problem with road holding (when driven in a spirited manner) that was solved by the addition of a small boot spoiler so hope yours has one fitted.

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back