>>>>newbie<<<<

petrol head

Wrench Pro
Car
astra and a nova
elo im 2 this site so jus thought i would introduce myself before i do anything else.... my job is a mechanic and i drive an astra mk3.... thats about it really! hope to be speakin 2 some of u soon!

Last edited:
Alright mate....welcome to TorqueCars! Have you modded your Astra in any way? Any plans to mod it? How long have you been a mechanic?

Look forward to hearing your professional advice! :lol:

cheers fella! yer if you got any questions just ask m8! nope not done much to my astra just yet just a set of alloys and a soundsystem so far.... because my main project at the moment is my 1.3 mk3 feista that i am slowly tuning to be my track car, and keep the astra just as a road car. I have just started this project on the feista, and the 1st thing im going to do is drop a xr2i 1.6 engine nd gearbox in there!

what car do you drive and have u modded it in anyway? write back!

Sounds like a good project! I drive a 1999 Honda Civic Coupe. The only mod so far is a Powerflow exhaust. Next up is the brakes (Brembo discs and pads, Integra Type R calipers). Once that's complete I'm putting a B18C VTEC engine in there! After all that is done I can concentrate on styling the car both in and out.

If you wanna see what the exhaust looks like follow this link... http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f8/blown-exhaust-2573/index2.html#post29521

hey petrol head and welcome to the site

how long are you giving yourself to build the fiesta or is it going to be an ongoing project ?

not really planned when im gonig to finish it by just doing it in my spare time at the moment, so probably safer in saying that its an ongoing project at the moment! lol im hopeing that i can build it to be, not only fast in straight lines but good round corners and a fun little car to drive! but like i said earlier the 1st job is to get that tiny 1.3 lump out and start looking for a decent xr2i block

thanks for the reply m8

that sounds like a good little project prince, good luck with it! are you doing the modifications yourself or sending it into a garage? had trouble with that link you sent me about the exhast by the way:confused: lol

Hi Petrol head and welcome to TorqueCars. Thanks for your helpful posts and for sharing your knowledge. That's what makes forums like this one work.

It's nice to have another petrol fan along - the diesel liberation front were taking over :lol:

that sounds like a good little project prince, good luck with it! are you doing the modifications yourself or sending it into a garage? had trouble with that link you sent me about the exhast by the way:confused: lol

Cheers mate....I'll be sending it to the garage for most of the work. I haven't got the equipment or experience to do the job myself. I'm trying to get a place called CC Customs to do the work.

Let's try the link again.... the pictures are on page 2.

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f8/blown-exhaust-2573/

:bigsmile:

cheers for the replies fellas.... yh it can be hard to get an xr2 block nd gearbox in gd nick but if you look hard enuf it can be done! are any of you on this site doing an similar projects or is it just me crazy enuf to attempt somthing like this? lol

Cheers mate....I'll be sending it to the garage for most of the work. I haven't got the equipment or experience to do the job myself. I'm trying to get a place called CC Customs to do the work.

yer its working now prince, yh that exhast looking good on there m8! you will have to show me sum more pics wen you have done more work to it!

yh thats working now prince, that pipe looks good on there m8 suits the car nicley, you will have to put sum more pics up when the new lump goes in!

yh thats working now prince, that pipe looks good on there m8 suits the car nicley, you will have to put sum more pics up when the new lump goes in!

Thanks mate...it was £320 well spent! I will definitely be posting the pics as I go. I've got a few as standard but they're not the most impressive pics ever! Next up is brakes and alloys...I've found the perfect alloys (Lenso RS5s - 18s). I'll post pics as soon as it's been done.

Just to save you a trip to Google Images!

elo im 2 this site so jus thought i would introduce myself before i do anything else.... my job is a mechanic and i drive an astra mk3.... thats about it really! hope to be speakin 2 some of u soon!
sorry i am a very slow typer

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back