Wolverene

Car
Honda HR-V Vtec
Hi to all
just joined up and am going thru the posts relating to which oil to use. I know, its old ground but after searching the web on some oil guru pages I`m still none the wiser (more confused in fact). I am on a work contract in Cyprus where the temps rarely fall below 4 C in winter and go to 40 C plus thru the summer. Recently bought a Honda HR-V manual Vtec and can`t decide if to use 5W-30 fully syn or 5W-40 fully syn. At the moment the car has semi-syn 10W-40 (Fuchs oil) and uses about a litre per 1600 miles, I`ve replaced the PCV just in case that was letting vapour out. The manual says its acceptable to use 1 ltr per 600 miles, but never had this kind of oil consumption in an engine before but that`s another I will be keeping an eye on.
So recommendations please
Cheers

tcsmileysign.gif

thanks for the welcome guys. Must admit I do like to use the vtec - got to have some fun in the sun - plus the car is a bit sluggish if driven normal mode:blink1: Just realised I should have posted the main part of this post in the oils section - had too much info overload ,duh. Will do that now.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Post up your question in our oil forums and opei oils will give you some professional advice.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back