Newbie S2000 purchase

Make sure its had a full wheel alignment recently, some of the bolts can seize if its not been done for a while and could cost you a few quid to put right. I've got a guide for buying a S2000 at home i'll post the key points when I get in this evening.:D

The lifters and valves can become rattly, listen to the top of the engine for a rattle and avoid it if it has. Regular oil changes are a must.

Generally though the engines and chassis are bullet proof and they are very reliable cars.

Good choice matey, on my list for the future, but cheap enough now at £4k upwards in the trader, mind you the other day thhere was a boxter in the trader for £3,800. the s2000 is probably the better buy though

Thanks for all the info guys....I drove one today and to be honest I was very disappointed. Thought it would have been a lot more dramatic and involving but unless u keep it above 6500rpm it was a bit dull, I've had a couple of MX5's and to be honest preferred the fun factor they give at lower speeds!
My wife has an Alfa Spider which she never drives and had thought of replacing it and the Chimaera with the S2000,but the S2000 lacks the brutal charm of the Chimaera and the beauty of the spider....so not sure...will drive another one before I finally decide.
Thanks again

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back