Newbie Help, Run For Cover!!!

Skullion

Torque Junkie
Car
Celica GT
Hiya, ..... I have a Celica GT Jap Import, and Wonder any ideas yous might have to give it abit more Boast? ...... I'm not Made of money so Turbo is not an Option at the Time being,.....Plans were to get a K & N Induction Kit on Friday, then get her Chipped End of April but if anything else might be better feel free to list your ideas here. Also Induction kit cost's £90 and Chipped £199 ...... just incase other Products are cheaper.

Also Daft Question but does changing Spark Plug's Etc Really make the Car Quicker as I read another Post someone asking to supe up their Gen 7 Celica and I seen someone said Spark Plugs???

Thanks

Skullion

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh yes It could well be, my only reference is that I was told that Smart roadster engines run hotter plugs than the standard suprex engine because of the larger turbo & the slight difference in compression. but I may have got it a bit wrong. :embarrest:

That might be down to the fact it's running a small engine. My misses, Grandad had a Fiat Barchetta which was a 850cc turbo and that was designed aound the extra heat soke it suffers from. Hot or cold hsn't got anything to do with it, it's down to how long the spark lasts for and how strong the spark is. Which could resault in the thinking of hotter and colder plugs. If a plug is cold it can suffer from weak spark, almost missfire due to the colder moist air. The only hot plug i've ever seen is when they tried to swap my spark plugs for pulse plugs and found that one of them had seazed itself in the head. This was a resault of bing too hot. I might look ino this for my own info.

thought it was cooler plugs for increase in boost ?

Tis a colder grade of plug for more boost or nitrous. Basically, a "colder" plug disippates heat away from itself more quickly. If you run a lot of boost or nitrous (increasing engine temps) on a "hotter" plug the mixture might ignite prematurely (det) due to the tip of the lug being too hot.