Newbie alert

Wowblaauw

Car
GBS Zero Zetec 2.0l
hi all, as you have gathered I am new to this site having found it during knowledge gathering on engine tuning.

I have a GBS Zero (7esque) car with a stock 2.0lt zetec with iTB's mapped and producing around 180 BHP.

It would appear that what I am going through (search for more horse power) is normal and as such have been researching.

I have since purchased a knackered Duratec 2.0lt (for normally aspirated tuning) and a not so knackered zetec 2.0lt for the purposes of adding a turbo.

As the Duratec seems to me to be the most expensive route to HP I shelved that for now and am focussing on turbocharging the zetec hence me joining this site.

As I'm a complete newbie to the art of turbo charging any or all help will be gratefully appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Craig; incidentally the wow part is designed to help with the proununciation of my surname. CB

Hello and a very warm, if a little late, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Take it from one who has "been there done that" and still doing it turbos are an addiction and if you go down the that path then when you build your turbo motor use forged pistons and rods with a balanced rotating assembly with ARP mains studs (the forged rods will come with them) then have the head recoed with the ports de dagged and and port matched to the manifolds .
The block should be fitted with ARP head studs and the head and block should be decked with a fine RA finish to suit a MLS head gasket .
Do it once and do it right and you will have a long lasting motor.|B

That is just the start as there is so much more to be done like higher flowing injectors and fuel pumps aftermarket computers larger intercoolers cool air induction , mandrel bent large diameter exhaust system, etc

But most importantly a fast car needs an LSD, improved suspension,upgraded brakes and premium tyres
and a driver with more training over and above what you did to get your license PLUS plain common sense to only explore your new found power on a track or club motorsport days

....cool; that's the ticket. I raced for a bit as a youngster, built motorcycles in my early teens c. 12, broke almost every bone in my body and then re-discovered motorcycles in my 40's and properly scared myself. My partner, a doctor won't let me ride one now I'm into my 50's so the next best thing an open top British sports car with a monster engine. In my case I have a lotus 7 replica currently with a stock 2.0lt zetec with iTB's. Yup, you've guessed right. I am limited with the zetec so I've located a ST170. If my thinking is right and what I've read elsewhere, I should take the block from the zetec, the head from the st170 and cams from the zetec - am I on the right path? Then using forged pistons and con rods with ARP bolts as suggested and then it's the turbo - plenty of T3 type turbos claiming 3-600 BHP. 1, not sure about that, and 2, is there an optimum turbo I should be looking for for the 2.0lt setup I'm planning?

Hello and welcome, enjoy the site. I'm a regular and I've learned loads from these guys. It's also a really friendly forum, much better than other that I've joined.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back