Newbie after tips

Scoot

Car
Pug 309 1.3 style
Hi all,
i am new to this website although i have caught it on google a few times. I am looking for some hints and tips regarding my pug 309. Basically i want to know where i can find a good source of tuning parts for it, how i can make it faster and handle better as well as make it lighter.
That said i do work at a superstore so bank balance isnt massive :bigsmile:
Thanks in advance guys

scott

Hi bud peugeot owners club will tell you about making it faster you can start with air filter to increase air flow,agood exhaust,chip,basicly the list is endless as you can spend alot of hard earned cash on any car as to make it lighter depends if you want to keep back seats if not strip them out dont chuck as you may need them later strip out bits of plastic it really depends what you want to do with the car hope this helps:)

hey and welcome to the site mate.

to be honest theres not alot you can do to a 1.3 in terms of sensible performance for sensible money. you could get big power but reliability would be heavily sacrificed.

basics would be

get a decent exhaust on - full including a sports cat and exhaust manifold
panel filter with a lovely big cold air feed to it - dont look at induction kits
and map it.
for around a grand youd see a nice 10-12 bhp from it. so as you can see not the best. save the money and put it towards your next car

I'd stick with some suspension upgrades and make the car more fun to drive. The standards suspension on these is very soft and there is lots of body roll.

Hello and welcome to TorqueCars, thanks for joining and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do.;)

Thanks for the replies guys.
I have been quoted £254.99 for a full stainless downpipe back system, being registered before 93 it wont need a cat there isnt one on the standard system either. I also have in mind a K+N Bolt on air filter as its a carb engine thats £40 ish so surely im looking at 10bhp there??? for them both obviously :p

There is a hell of alot of body roll though so i agree suspension would be a good way to go although the avo coil overs ive seen are £560 :amazed: so should i get some lowering springs and uprated shocks for now???

Finally what are your views on cross drilled and grooved brake discs with ebc green stuff pads. My aim for the car eventually is road rally car but its my road car atm so cant go to wild on weight shedding just yet.

cheeers
scott

yeah ok youll need see so much off a gain as theres less restriction in the exhaust of older cars.
have you looked at manifold as well ?

coilovers are dear,but 560 is pretty cheap mate. basic ones just allow hight adjustment, where as going up in performance and price you have adjustable dampening, caster, camber and even some allow the hight adjustment without adjusting the length of the spring saving to save it from crashing about when the spring is heavily compressed

drilled brakes - mmm im against them have heard stories about them cracking. higher quality versions will be treated afterwards but how too many people just look at the price.

green stuff - never used them as heard of too many issues with them, seem to be favourable with the max power crews. you might get away with them as the car is probably pretty light. but there are better pads out there

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi and welcome to the site ive used green stuff pads good at high speed 50mph upwards but not clever at lower speeds dont seem to bite hard enough. You can put bits off the 205 gti on the 309 if i am correct. Would be worth putting the 1.9 gti or mi16 engine in for power and all the brakes off the gti.Have herd of people putting twin carbs/webbers onto small engine cars might be worth a look.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back