New to rice rockets

PawPaw34655

Car
2003 Mitsubishi Ecl
Hope that isn't pejorative this is my first Japanese vehicle. Will close next Monday on a 2003 Eclipse GT with 50000 miles. Seems peppy, but will probably start with a cold air intake and consider a cat back system later. This car is very good shape, virtually no wear anywhere. Only tipoff this is a used car is fading on the roof.

PawPaw

hey welcome bro. that's the series like the one in 2fast 2 furious right? that's when first mitsu went for the huge 3.8 V6 on them. Not bad cars. maybe you should put non color paint over the roof or so.... would love seeing it.

As a newbie, don't think I can post pics yet. This one is the 3.0 liter. Its kind of like my second childhood. I had the first 1970 MGB GT in Morocco back then. Lasted until my second child was born.

PawPaw

OK, an attempt to push count. I have never beeb to Macedonia. I served two tours in Glocs and one in London, but don't know if I have been through Preston or rugby.

I know where Macedonia is, I had stopover in Belgrade before the breakup and a port call in Dubrovnik. Weather is great, sunny and mid 80s (F). My (soon to be Eclipse) is a FWD. It is a charcoal grey, not quite the deluxe model, it has cloth seats.

PawPaw

sorry man. well Belgrade is nice, but there are so many nationalists and other kinda idiots who would hate me, starting of my nationality, but out of that, serbian people overall aren't bad. Dubrovnik is nice too, there is a classic movie called the condorman recorded in the seaside of croatia, a custom car chased by porsche's. the pain't isn't bad, either has to be deluxe model, but it can be while working on it. :D what engine has it? will it be a daily or project?

these are good, plus markets offer a lot stuff for these:
2003-mitsubishi-eclipse_0167c7e5.jpg

The engine is 3.0 liter V6, SOHC. I don't intend to do anything to the internals yet. First modifications will be cold air intake. Later I will try to find a good inexpensive cat back system. It will be a daily driver, and may try to drive up to Atlanta to see daughter and grandchildren. I don't think I will try anything longer than that. I have a Town Car for long trips. My Eclipse looks like the one you pictured.

Yes that is correct. I started getting Lincolns after Mercedes stopped importing big diesels into America. I like either big cars or very small cars. I don't like small or medium cars like Corolla or Camry.

i have to agree with you about the smart and BMW mini, but the old mini and old fiat 500 become monsters with motorcycle engines, with more than 200hp

Thanks T9 man.

I see Gostivar (Гостивар) is close to Albania and Kosovo. What is the predominant language spoken there?

it is albanian, but the official language is macedonian, since majority are albanians here. but nearly everyone knows a foreign language, mostly english. and good people are good and the bad are bad out of nationality or religion, lol.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.
Sorry for my slow reply, I've been so busy behind the scenes on here lately I have some major catching up to do.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Don't know if this is the correct place, but does anyone know the K&N part number for the cool air intake and filter for a 2003 Eclipse?

PawPAW

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back