Torque Cars

new pug owner

Discussion in '205/206/207/208 forums' started by MichaelvanAswegen800, 26 October 2014.

1. MichaelvanAswegen800

MichaelvanAswegen800 New member

Johannesburg, South Africa
    Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    Hi guys my name is Michael, I have recently purchased a 2009 207 gti. I really love this car and love driving it even more. The only problem I have is that I am from South Africa and peugeot performance parts are scarce here. Are there any peugeot tuning shops in the Uk that will ship over parts to SA if I order them online? Customs is going to be a pain in the ass to get the parts through so if anyone has a way of bypassing that stage too let me know. I am looking to transform my car to a show stopper with some visual as well as performance upgrades

2. RobBentley

RobBentley The Torque Meister

Kent, UK
    Car:
    Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
    I'm not familure with South African customs.. Is there something which prevents 'tuning' vehicles over there?

3. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
  4. MichaelvanAswegen800

Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    Thanks for the greetings and referral I will check them out for sure... @RobBentley there are no rules that I know of against tuning vehicles just that customs adds a hefty tax to any part or product imported from an overseas country if shipped in under a private name

5. T9 man

T9 man TC Pro Founder Moderator

London, UK
    Car:
    Saab 9-3SS T9
    Yes, we get mugged by customs over here in the UK too :(

6. RobBentley

RobBentley The Torque Meister

Kent, UK
    Car:
    Audi RS6 C6 Saloon
    I think the same goes to most countries. I shipped some bits to a customer in Malaysia recently and I know the imported taxes their side where quite high.

7. MichaelvanAswegen800

Car:
    Peugeot 207 gti
    Yeah I find it ridiculous that if you importing something without the intent to redistribute it that you have to pay the same if not more tax on your item that you are importing