new car

geraint13

Pro Tuner
Car
Zafira 1.9 SRI
picked up my 325 tds today and am well impressed with it. sat at 80/90 on the way home and it averaged 43 mpg. should of got one of these a longtime ago lol !!!!

picked up my 325 tds today and am well impressed with it. sat at 80/90 on the way home and it averaged 43 mpg. should of got one of these a longtime ago lol !!!!

They're quite pleasant, aren't they? I know it's diesel, and that it's not the current cutting edge of diesel technology but BMW was one of the earliest to redefine the way we all perceive diesel cars.

And, of course, - it's a bona fide BMW. A straight six is the classic BMW trademark engine layout. Vibration free as is any straight six there's a lot to recommend them.

Yes Loz will get sum pics up later today.

Am well impressed Paul, nothing prepared me for how well it went. Am all smiles mate !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
clean interior.jpg
bit of rust to sort out before winter
clean interior (2).jpg
must of had good clean before i had it lol, no rips though
loose bumper.jpg
missing screw in back of bumper
rust.jpg
more rust
sweet engine (2).jpg
sweet engine mmmmmmmm ;)
also seal in light gone. sorting that out tommorow and fitting cd player and screw in bumper.

where can i get a haynes manual or somthing similar ? cant find a haynes on my car, just a general bmw diesel. looked on ebay, amazon will try haynes website now !!! duh !!! lol

more expensive but try looking for a bentley manual much more information in them than a haynes manual that seems to have more and more take to a garge to rob you blind than anything else

it shouldn't need much attention. The Bavarian tds engines are amongst the very best 'old school' diesels. That mid/late 1990s era was when diesel engines really took a hold in the 'comfortable car' market place. BMW's 2.5 litre straight six turbo diesel was alone at the time and without equal.

It still stands up on its own merits today. Go test drive an Omega 2.1 DTi 4 cylinder and see why the BMW engine is so revered as it is.

The inline six cylinder layout is a good one. Petrol or diesel, car or goods vehicle, it is in perfect primary and secondary balance. There is no need for additional balancing shafts

Last edited:
paul, theres nothing wrong with the engine, just cosmetics really, just want a guide so i will probaly end up getting the generic one. these engines are brilliant though. :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back