Need help for my 02 Celica Gt

RPICCOTT

Car
custom celica gt
hey im looking to start working on the engine of my 02 toyota celica gt, i have spent 2 years making it look just the way i want, now im looking to start tuning anyone have any ideas for

A.) engine swap - anything that will fit with least amount of fabrications done to the engine mounts

or

B.) where i should start with my mods, maybe start with apexi power fc and go from there

any help would be great thx.

p.s. if anyone wants to take a look at her she is at www.colinpeddle.com
in the automotive portfolio shes the candy yellow wb celica custome you will know it when you see it. lol

I like it. You've certainly done a lot of work there. The easiest and best engine to go in IMHO would be an older one from a GT Four (AS 3S-GT3, . I would get the head flowed and ported and put a hybrid turbo on it. Also see if you can source a lower ratio gearbox like the E152F or E151F and get these to fit your 02 chassis.

Other options on your existing engine would include a supercharger, head work, sports catalyst. The Apexi Power FC does come highly rated (I dont know why Toyota make their ECU's so hard to remap!)

For the least work...supercharger running low boost on standard internals. There's several doing the rounds.

With a hefty wallet the GT-Four engine would be a good bet but I'm not sure how much of a straight fit it is? If you find out getting it in means custom mount and shaft etc etc territory, you might as well go mental and slam in anything that physically fits!

Middle ground would be a forged rebuild of the existing engine and super/turbocharging on standalone EMS. You'll see more power than you'll ever need in a FWD car.