Car
MR2
jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4385-20120610-010.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4384-20120610-011.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4387-20120610-013.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4388-20120610-014.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4386-20120610-012.jpg

jc-denton-albums-galant-picture4366-20120519-015.jpg

The previous owner said the engine had been 'tuned' but he didn't specify other than to claim it had 280BHP...

Obviously it hasn't! more like 180. But I do think think the ECU may have been remapped at some point. The power band is much higher in the rev range than the two Celica's I had with the 3SGE engine...

Also its got a "Toms performance tuning for toyota" sticker on the back.

Thanks Loz:lol:

Its got these Potenza shocks & springs & they're Great!!

S/S exhaust from cat to back. Synchromeshes are pretty bad but my scrappy has a spare gearbox.

& coming in the post it has some nice drilled & grooved brake discs & green stuff pads:bigsmile::bigsmile:

I'm really happy with it actually, considering how cheep it was. Maybe there's something I havn't found yet...

Last edited by a moderator:
Also its got a "Toms performance tuning for toyota" sticker on the back.

Well, that adds the missing 100bhp easily :)

For a Jap car, these are quite good looking, much praise coming from an old school hippy.

I swear you have a new car every week! :lol: I love the old MR2's, much better then the crappy new models now... Is it the turbo version by any chance?

It pains me to say it but I like the way it handles better than the prelude! I still miss the 4WS though...

Non-turbo! & yes I do have a new car every few weeks! its just what I do:cheesy:

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

MR2's....never driven or even been out in a mid-engined car I don't think. I'm indifferent to these, don't hate them, don't love them!
ive been a passenger in 4 mr2's 3 where turbo versions all at different power levels (all owned by the same mate) and in his hands where an experience!:amazed: the other was a gti auto and tbh it was greatly underpowered!! i also got to drive this car and spun it on the first island i came to:sad2: not far from you ma the asda island in great barr, i think this is the main reason for me not liking rwd!