Sounds IMMENSE with the scorpion Can :)

To Do List:

Headstock bearings
Oil and filter change
Bleed Brakes
Tax
Pass test

Then RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am properly over the moon. Got a blinding bike for the money, may not compare with the likes of GSXR's etc, but still a hell of a lot of machinery for the money!

Nice, how is your other project going? I reckon this will distract you a little! But why are you buying a bike for the Winter? ;)

Which other project waynne? are you talking about the mk2 20vT?
If so mate i binned it. sold all my cars/engines/parts and have now moved away from cars for a while until i can afford to run a bike and car.
For 8 years now i have been building/modifying/driving cars and continually trying to make them faster and more engaging to drive, and the whole time, bikers have been telling me "if you want to go fast, buy a bike"... well i finally gave it a try, and my god they were right! Bikes are so much more exhilarating than a car, more involving, and the acceleration on a bike feels so much more intense! I could go on for hours, but i wont!

Winter...well, no real reasoning in it, Its just the way it happened. Sick of being tarred with the 17yr old chav brush simply because i rode a 125 with L plates on, so booked my tests!

Besides, whats the bloody difference? I dont give a toss about wind or rain, much like driving a car, you adjust your driving to compensate for the conditions. The only weather that will keep me off the bike is when it gets icy. Then ill borrow the Mrs car!

;)

Well, not updated this in a while, Passed my tests first time round, and have been on the road for a month or so now :)

Absolutely loving the bike, and as usual i couldnt resist doing a few things to the bike, just to make it that bit better and more "me".

Stubby'd the exhaust, smaller rear plate with custom reflectors, removed the Grab rail and replaced rear seat with a seat cowl, and a few other bits.

Some pics, and a lil vid of the stubby'd zorst

20111216_160511.jpg

20111216_160535.jpg

20111216_160527.jpg

And how it sounded with no exhaust!

No exhaust sounds.... Incredible! my step dad bought a GSX. I don't have the balls to ride a motorbike. I think going 30mph on my pushbike is intense! haha

Better quality vid with no zorst as i had to remove the system again to make new downpipe gasket as prev owner had decided exhaust putty was good enough to take up a 3mm gap! NOB!

Bikes arent all that scary once you accept they need to be treated with respect. You just cant hop on a bike and nail it like you can a car, taken me over a month to be fully comfortable with full throttle!

Its a big learning curve, but in the last month i've gotten a lot more confident and my riding skills have improved tenfold, plenty more learning to do though!
Have only nearly come off twice, once was simply me taking too sharp a line into a corner on a slippy rainy day and catching a cats eye mid bend, the other i have no idea what/if i did wrong, the bike just didnt want to turn into a roundabout, im thinking probably some loose grit etc on the road, but either way, no biggie as i was only doing around 30 mph so wouldnt have hurt too much! :lol: