My I.C.E.

BAD63R

Authorised Trader
Car
MG TF135
Finally found the more upt to date pic's of my I.C.E. install. Took a couple of months ago at a huge cruise near me. Think we had FAST CAR photographer there. Any who, if you have seen my other pics of the install you will have seen 2 chrome amps but as explained these blew up and have now been replaced.

Install consists of:

0 Gauge Amp Wiring Kit
2 x Infinity Crossovers
6 Channel JBL Amp @ 1500 watts
Bose Tweats @ 90 watts
Custom Made Acoustic Enclosure.
Custom made Acoustic Parcel Shelf.
2 x FLI by Vibe 10" sub @ 800 watts
FLI by Vibe 12" sub @ 1000 watts
2 x FLI by Vibe 2 Channel Amp @ 400 watts
Kenwood 13cm 2 way speakers @ 160 watts
Panasonic CD Head Unit @ 50w X 4.
Vibe 1.0 Power Cap
Vibe SE K-Series 6x9's @ 525 watts

ICE%2012.jpg

ICE%202.JPG

Cheers, BAD63R.

No but if your not carefull you can make your vision bounce with it being that loud. In total I think it's pumping out about 4000watts. Which is close to a DJ setup for a club lol.

Well if you cant hear the sound from my I.C.E. you'll certainly feel the bass lol as the 3 subs are only 23" from your head. Bit annoying with the rear view mirror as it can vibrate like crazy and you cant see anything other than a blur pmsl.

BAD63R-V6 said:
Well if you cant hear the sound from my I.C.E. you'll certainly feel the bass lol as the 3 subs are only 23" from your head. Bit annoying with the rear view mirror as it can vibrate like crazy and you cant see anything other than a blur pmsl.

does any body know how to stop this or how to make it not vibrate like a dildo all the time lol. i have the same problem as i have 2 12" and a 2000 watt amp, i also have 2 6x9's in the bach shelf and a box with 2 14cm speakers in so im putting out about 4000 watt with my normal speakers in as well my car vibrates and girl love being in it. for obv reasons stated above about my rear view mirror.

any help would be most helpful.

cheers

If you have an open build like mine you can buy a couple of cheap LIGHT weight single blankets and stuff them under the subs. Very good for cusioning of the vibrations and if your panels are going nuts just get a can of expanding foam, fill your door cards in and hey presto'. Worked a treat in mine but I only had to do the 2 door cards as the front and rear panels have got polystyrene panels behind them.

Do you need to allow airflow behind the subs? A lot of boxes have tuned ports and I just wondered if this applies to a custom setup as well.

Yes, each enclosed sub is made to a perfect size/air space for the sub. It's all about how much air the sub has to move. For me it was a case of fillinf the enclosure with expanding foam bit by bit to get the best sound. But be carefull, go to far and fill up too much of the space and your subs will blow up in about 5 mins flat lol. give it go or you can try and find something else more suitable for your ICE build.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back