mx-5 or GTO...

Ticket55

Tuner
Car
mazda RX-7 FD3
So my idea was to save some money, buy a beat up mx5, fix her up and strap a supercharger on her, would roughly cost 5 grand as I can do all the bodywork/ engine repairs myself saving some money. How ever, I've just remembered about the mitsi GTO twin turbo monsters. Found quite afew for a reasonable price, insurance isnt too bad (ish). Whats peoples thoughts on them? I know some people would throw big rear wheels on and therefore knacker the transfer box, but I think the GTO is a pretty solid car?.

Depending on the outcome, I may have to start sweet talking the mrs ;).

I don't see a GTO on the road from one blue moon to another, does this mean something I wonder ?-/

Get it checked out very very carefully buddy if you decide to take the plunge :)

Aye, can't say I've any round where I live. I havn't worked on one before or know if they are prone to anything (like the rear arches on mx5's). Think I'll do some research on the matter :). Thanks buddy!

Wise decision buddy as the rumour is if you buy a bad one, it can empty your wallet and bank account faster than a Thai internet bride ;)

Ahah! Love it! Although I think every car is like that to be honest. The price of some of the parts is silly nowadays! Or I'm just tight :p

Love the GTO's you have to look out for ECU problems, the capacitors are known to fail on these. Get a good one though and you'll be laughing. It's a reliable Ferrari looking car which will offer lots of fun.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back