Mpg

paulgolding

Torque Junkie
Car
vw t4 caravelle 2.5
I was chatting to a guy today with a bentley ( I mean he had the bentley, not that I was chatting to him while I had it !!)

He said he manages to get 8mpg round town !! lol

still, what a wonderful way to waste money huh !!

What kind of mpg are you guys getting ??

Overall 39.8 according to on board figures. This matches with my own measurements over 20,000 miles where I record it as 39.4.

I can get over 44mpg on a long m/way run if I keep the speed sensible, let's say no more than 85 and not making serious effort to stay at 85 as much of the time as possible.

Strange thing is if I really really give it some therapy I still get over 35!

it's great when you can enjoy it and still return good mpg :)

mine will do 34pmg on a run but averages about 25/28 with town driving. But when we get the diesel it'll do a lot more :D

normally around 34mpg going down to 25 if i have a bit of fun with it. done a 280 mile trip the day returned 37.2 on a mix of twisty a roads and and around 40 mile on a motorway

I can get 55.... but lol, slow.

Generally 42. Long journeys, 45 without a doubt. And thats going particularly quick (I dont sit still on a Motorway, lol)

Love my Golf <3

Likewise Izo, neither do I. In fact, it's a good way to combat fatigue. By constantly varying speed and overtaking you maintain more interest in what's around you. And you get there quicker so there's less time in which to become fatigued. Should I post this back at the fatigue thread?

My trip at the moment is showing 39mph! SO I'm well pleased with that. I might even let the wife stop pushing the car everywhere now ;) :lol:

The hot weather seems to have given me a bit more MPG lately! Plus I'm grannying it a bit at the moment.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back