Markjiggs Diesel Mechanic from Secunda, South Africa.

Markjiggs

Car
Audi A4 1.8Turbo B6
Hi there people. I'm a fifty four year old mechanic, sort of semi retired. I bought an Audi A4 1.8Turbo bfb code really cheap. Stripped down the motor and it was whacked, dropped valves. I have rebored etc and got new pistons etc. I need as much as I can find out about this motor.
The cylinder heads shot so I need another one. Can I fit any twenty valve B6 head or must it be off a bfb block? ?

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

The thing to watch on these engines is that the A4 was mounted inline and the a3's and lots of others were transverse, this affects the mounting points and some of the pipework. Other than that parts are interchangable, a 20v head will mean you need the ECU to handle the flow difference so mapping is required to get the best out of it.

Add a KO4 turbo as well as a decent Air flow meter and you'll make a pretty easy power hike on that.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Thanks. That was a warm welcome you are open and friendly.
I appreciate being a part of the forum. Us mechanics are constantly looking for information and it gets so difficult at times, round and round in circles.
I'm sure that we will have a great time.

I have finally got the bolts for the engine block and con rods.
I need torque spec for an Audi A4 1.8Turbo bfb code. Could someone please help me to find them?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back