maptun for saab 93

M

malc

new to this and was just wondering if any body out there has tried the maptun ecu tuning gismo. got a 93 aero convertible on a 55 plate in the lime/yellow matallic paint ....stunning.also looking for more bhp ideas welcome

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

The MapTun set up is very good and highly regarded in the Saab world, you will have nothing but smiles on your face once you have bought the upgrade.

Hi

I have a Maptun stage 3 done by Neo Brothers. Terrific performance, more economical, but more importantly no reliabillity issues. I have never had any faults on the SID display.
Recommended

Do you guys know about the Ecuproject and T5 suite tuning programme. It is a very good alternative to buying a tune. You can learn how to do your own ECU tunes. T5 suite is free, the USB|BDM tool to hook up to the ECU is about 42 euro.

I understand that the T5 suite is quite popular in the states and and you can download flash programmes up to stage 3 - therefore you don't need to alter individual parameters. I have had a look at the manual and it scared me off, too complicated for me I'm afraid.

Looks a bit complicated at the start, like anything that is new.

But if you are a bit of car nut, and have a Saab with a Trionic ecu it is well worth the effort to read and understand. It is nearly, but not quite plug and play.

Robin