Looking for a car, around 25k.

mmmchips

Car
A4 1.8t quattor
hey guys, looking for a car with these traits.

1: Electronic stability control
2:AWD
3:manual
4:modeable to around 375AWHP with bolt on modifications , (no engine/tranny rebuilds)
5: decent reliability and not insanely hard to work on

i want a car which was made for spirited driving (like the WRX and EVO) and can handle some abuse (no clutch dropping just spirited driving)

i was looking at the 08 wrx, but the tranny seems to be made of glass and swapping in a 6 speed STI or rebuilding the tranny seems 2 much.

335xi is also good, but a high price tag because of the luxury and no sport suspension.

the 2 cars that i have found that meet my criteria (but a bit over the price tag) are the 2008 EVO or STI.

i was also looking at the B5 S4 but the horrible reliability scared me away.

can i get some recommendations of cars that meet my criteria?

Last edited:
The B7 2.0 TFSi quattro avant is well worth a look. Mine has been very reliable so far and it is fun to drive. Plus as it has a turbo it can be easily remapped and a larger turbo can be bolted on as long as you have the S3 injectors fitted. I get around 35mpg from mine which I can't complain at although this will obviously drop when you start tuning it up.

Why not FWD cars? Do you really need the AWD? What about the Mazda 3 MPS? I'll throw that in as an oddball suggestion along with the new Sporty Renault Megane.

What about a Nissan Skyline? They seem to tick all your boxes and are pretty well made.

For a mere £1k more you'll find decent B7 RS4 examples... just watch the maintenance costs. I've just had to have a clutch change and its an 8-10 hour job.

E90 m3? Might be rwd not awd but you won't need to modify it, it's already extremely quick and very good handling.

Pistonheads has ads for them at 27k.

the 2.0T quattro A4 was a fantastic suggestion. and i love how i read this exact phrase on aprs website "APR Stage III brings your A4 to 375". ill do more research on this to see how the tranny/engine and all the parts hold up over time.

thanks for that suggestion.

i barely know anything about skylines, and they seem to be very rare in canada, ill definitely look into those.

to the b7 Rs4 guy. oh man i was like "HOLY #!#!#!#! i can get an rs4 for that price, that's like my dream!", then figured out u were talking in pounds which are 1.5cad = 1 pound.

and i NEED awd in my city otherwise ill have to get summer and winter cars.

no way i am getting a automatic car, Ive already done my comparison of manual to automatic (test driving) and now its just a big fat NO to automatic.

i know it doesnt meet the awd consideration but what about the Ford Focus RS, it ticks all the other boxes and puts out 305 bhp as standard. I'm sure with a remap, decent intake and exhaust the power could be boosted quite a bit.

the 2.0T quattro A4 was a fantastic suggestion. and i love how i read this exact phrase on aprs website "APR Stage III brings your A4 to 375". ill do more research on this to see how the tranny/engine and all the parts hold up over time.

thanks for that suggestion.

i barely know anything about skylines, and they seem to be very rare in canada, ill definitely look into those.

to the b7 Rs4 guy. oh man i was like "HOLY #!#!#!#! i can get an rs4 for that price, that's like my dream!", then figured out u were talking in pounds which are 1.5cad = 1 pound.

and i NEED awd in my city otherwise ill have to get summer and winter cars.

no way i am getting a automatic car, Ive already done my comparison of manual to automatic (test driving) and now its just a big fat NO to automatic.

Mine is a limited edition 220bhp Avant from the factory with 18 inch wheels and the S Line interior. I really love the car and it is more than capable of handling a lot more power. I've not lost traction once yet and i've pushed it pretty hard.

APR are the company I'll be trusting when it comes to be upgrade time. I've also got my eye on a nice Miltek exhaust with sports catalyst.