Liquefied petroleum gas cars.

emmomojo

Tuner
Car
Renault laguna tubo
Hi, just been away in my very cheap to run laguna lpg.
I put in 40+ ltrs in @ 37.9 ppl. at East Heckington on the A17 and it cost £20!!!
I am averaging 39 mpg on a long and steady run ( Norfolk roads 55 60 and often way less)
Anyone else run the smelly stuff?
And can you beat that ppl? Cheers.

I generally get 47-50mpg regularly around town from my diesel. It does go to the mid 50's on a run. LPG still works out cheaper though due to the lower cost.

A petrol with an LPG conversion makes a lot of sense to my mind in the current climate.

It's a shame they don't make LPG cars from the factory, I'm sure it would be possible and there will be demand for it.

Yes,I remember the Bi-Fuel Vectras. Saab did a CNG dual fuel model a few years ago too.

? to Emmomojo: What's the performance like compared to running on petrol?

Yes. I have asda for this |B 103.9.
Can be a pain at times if I stop and start a lot.
Incidentally, the on board mpg computer thingy reads better mpg by a significant margin.
Also since putting in lpg specific platinum/iridium plugs it has run a lot sweeter. I was sick of regular misfires on the standard ngk petrol spec plugs. (engine light being thrown up continually, as did my legacy on lpg. Sometimes even a melted plug which gave a permanent misfire on occasion. Usually after fast running.
First time it happened I was relieved to see the plug telling me that it wasn't an exhaust valve.
Sorry I haven't mentioned before but it takes me ages to write down anything due to brain damage due to head injury, and another disability. In a former life I used to ride superbikes and enduro/supermoto. So bear with me, this wipes me out :oops:

Yes. I have asda for this |B 103.9.
Can be a pain at times if I stop and start a lot.
Incidentally, the on board mpg computer thingy reads better mpg by a significant margin.
Also since putting in lpg specific platinum/iridium plugs it has run a lot sweeter. I was sick of regular misfires on the standard ngk petrol spec plugs. (engine light being thrown up continually, as did my legacy on lpg. Sometimes even a melted plug which gave a permanent misfire on occasion. Usually after fast running.
First time it happened I was relieved to see the plug telling me that it wasn't an exhaust valve.
Sorry I haven't mentioned before but it takes me ages to write down anything due to brain damage due to head injury, and another disability. In a former life I used to ride superbikes and enduro/supermoto. So bear with me, this wipes me out :oops:

Understand totally. I understand where you are with disabilities. I am dealing with similar stuff too. My wife is disabled by currently unchecked epilepsy.

I think it's time to set up a new thread. Should we do this together perhaps?

Understand totally. I understand where you are with disabilities. I am dealing with similar stuff too. My wife is disabled by currently unchecked epilepsy.

I think it's time to set up a new thread. Should we do this together perhaps?
Go for it!