Lets Get This Pug On THe Road!!:)

blakedunne

Car
Pug 206
Hi guys, im the proud new owner of a pugeot 206. my first official car been drivin my parents for the previous year. Iv been thinkin about modding and whether it would be worth my while on this car. While the car already came with a few mods:
-Oz racing alloys
-full flushed body kit
-smoked tail lights
-devil eyes head lights
-center exhaust system with back box

Iv been thinking of addin a few mods of my own, heres a few of my ideas,
-colouring dashboard inserts
-footweell lighting od under seat lighting,, i want this car to glow
-window tinting all round(obviously complying with regulations):p
-Stereo with dvd screen
-stereo could do with a bit more power so id hope for speakers tweeters and a woofer but limited to boot space
-under car neon
-i have an aftermarket steering wheel but havent installed it yet and gear knob and handbrake
- iv read here that ''peugot smother their engines'' and im curious as to how id change this so please leave comments, an air intake sounds like the obvious thing to add but wud it make that much of a difference and would it be worth the cash??

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

I am unable to help you with your question directly, but you are definitely in the right place for the knowledge that you seek! Somebody will be along in a little while who will be able to assist you with some answers or suggestions to your query!

Good luck! :)

Hello and welcome mate. To put it blunty it sounds like you plan to crash it through it Halfords. An air intake is worth it providing it is set up properly. It needs to be either enclosed or tucked behind a heat shield. It will also need a direct supply of cold air. Otherwise it'll just be a noise maker.

Thanks guys:bigsmile: I never thought about the whole halfords heroes image:eek: the air intake sounds like a must have but would it make a noticable difference?? I think i might hold off with the halfords look though and wait until i get my hands on something a bit more powerful than a 206 at least that way ill have some proper modifications done rather than something that just looks awful. Thanks for info id really like to look more into the air intake system.

B.

Thanks guys:bigsmile: I never thought about the whole halfords heroes image:eek: the air intake sounds like a must have but would it make a noticable difference?? I think i might hold off with the halfords look though and wait until i get my hands on something a bit more powerful than a 206 at least that way ill have some proper modifications done rather than something that just looks awful. Thanks for info id really like to look more into the air intake system.

B.

Good lad! You'll notice a difference more in throttle response than out right power gains. In truth it'll be worth around 5bhp (if you're lucky) but more cold air is a good thing. The problem most people get is they don't use a heat shield and the intake sucks in warm air from the engine causing heat soak.

I think it's good to wait until you get something a bit better to play with but I don't see why you can't use this as a learning experience. Once you understand how to tune one car, you can apply the same general principles to any car.

When you reach 10 posts, be sure to post up some pictures.

Will do :bigsmile: iv managed to get my hands on a filter with a heat shield already on it, a carbon fibre one, shud this do the job??

I'd have to see the setup tbh. Hurry up and reach 10 posts! :lol: Without seeing it I'd imagine it will be useful though. As long as it has a cold air feed as well.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.

You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back