Krank Vents

looking at the pictures it just looks like a one way valve with maybe a filter of some sort inside?

looking at the pictures it just looks like a one way valve with maybe a filter of some sort inside?

No filters in them I have the Turbo pair fitted and they go to my catch can that has a small filter on it and take them off to clean them in hot soapy water every 3k or so.

Without them you can feel the positive pressure when you remove the oil filler cap as it comes off easily BUT when they are fitted you can feel the negative pressure /suction holding on to the cap as you try to remove it .

No filters in them I have the Turbo pair fitted and they go to my catch can that has a small filter on it and take them off to clean them in hot soapy water every 3k or so.

Without them you can feel the positive pressure when you remove the oil filler cap as it comes off easily BUT when they are fitted you can feel the negative pressure /suction holding on to the cap as you try to remove it .

So what are the benefits of this part?
Cause a while ago I read about positive crankcase ventilation and the consensus was it was needed!?

So what are the benefits of this part?
Cause a while ago I read about positive crankcase ventilation and the consensus was it was needed!?

Helps stop blow by and allows the motor to work easier due to partial vacuum in the crankcase.

Some drag cars have crankcase ventilation pumps to create the same type of situation.

The site explanation didnt make it clear where they were fitted (to me anyway )
I already have breathers from both rocker covers with baffle plates which is a basis RB mod.
I dont seem to get any oil at all in the catch tank and Im also pretty sure there is no pressure release when you remove the filler car with the engine running.
so would these make a difference because unless they are fitted to the lthe bottom end i am struggling to see what they would do .
hence the post.

Thanks for the links . Unfortunately 2nd link seems to be restricted .

nevertheless quite a good read but the way i read it it seems this is for dry sump engines

Thanks for the links . Unfortunately 2nd link seems to be restricted .

nevertheless quite a good read but the way i read it it seems this is for dry sump engines

i post info on the info so people can be aware that things exist.;)

FWIW my dipstick no longer pops up under boost since fitting the KV's many years ago :)