I've fell in love.

Love the car not sure about the decals though. :p

Mate at work took me out in his 365bhp MK1 the other night, that was a lot of fun.
thth390_crazy_driver.gif

A 3rd gear blast?? I don't think many would top my 3rd gear accelaration, if I don't mind saying to my self :amuse:

My baby is gear'd low anyhows, and third gear is by far my favorate gear :bigsmile:

4th is terrible for driving around town. Its two high for 30mph and too low for 60mph.

Suck it and see the pair of you I will eat alive on a third gear blast. Two 1400 kg cars one a diesel with high peak torque and that's it and another with 4wd transmission losses don't concern me. Muhahahaha. Hah.

Suck it and see the pair of you I will eat alive on a third gear blast. Two 1400 kg cars one a diesel with high peak torque and that's it and another with 4wd transmission losses don't concern me. Muhahahaha. Hah.

OOOOOh, tough talking :D I am getting excited now. I havn't driven my baby in 3 months so I'm just trying to think what my revs are at 30 in 3rd!

anything over 3000 is good. If its below then I might have a problem :(

FWIW my car was neck and neck with mates proven 350hp EVO 6 from 50 to 140 every time BEFORE tubular manifold, hybrid turbo, boost controller, and rear stripped of 36kgs. Good luck lol.

But you will be going head to head with a brand new set of cams, Evo 10 turbo housing, dialed in cams and another ReMap. :bigsmile:

And it should be proven to 400 + if all goes well :)

But you will be going head to head with a brand new set of cams, Evo 10 turbo housing, dialed in cams and another ReMap. :bigsmile:

What am I saying? I aint worried. My baby is faster than a 350 evo 6 anyhows.

And like I say, if I lose ill just blame my carpets :p

But seriously, I don't know where my revs hit at 30mph.

It's not a race it's a 30-60 same gear blast. ;)
As long as I get it early enough i'll have done the run in period before I go to get it remapped so it will be fine.

You coming along as well then yugguy?

:p

Yadda yadda yadda, you are going to need all those extra mods trust me, it doesn't take a genius to work out which would be fasterest atm :lol: My mates Parma FQ-360 MR with approx 390hp was only just quicker than my mates 350hp Evo 6 ;)

Now if you'd said 0-60 or 0-100, I'd have just banged it in reverse and ran away because you would pan me lol :love::love:

As for TN, he will have about 1000rpm of boost spike and 300 torques then nothing thereafter like nearly every other diesel :embarrest::lol::lol::lol: Do you want me to turn the boost down to give you a chance? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLSZfpwgFs

Its on now!! lol :)

I hope your not forgetting that I am running with a 5 speed gear box, where the first three gears are geared low (too low if I am to be honest) for fast acceleration. Not only that, but I should be on about 1.9 boost with a new housing (so spool will be quicker) and AWD.

My third gear is the daddy. It works best between 40 and 70, so you may have a slight chance as I said before, because I don't know where my revs sit at 30mph in 3rd (as I have not driven her in over 3 months). If they are below 2500 then you have a chance. If they are over 3000 then I wouldn't bother turning up if I was you :p:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJLSZfpwgFs

Its on now!! lol :)

I hope your not forgetting that I am running with a 5 speed gear box, where the first three gears are geared low (too low if I am to be honest) for fast acceleration. Not only that, but I should be on about 1.9 boost with a new housing (so spool will be quicker) and AWD.

My third gear is the daddy. It works best between 40 and 70, so you may have a slight chance as I said before, because I don't know where my revs sit at 30mph in 3rd (as I have not driven her in over 3 months). If they are below 2500 then you have a chance. If they are over 3000 then I wouldn't bother turning up if I was you :p:bigsmile::bigsmile::bigsmile:

Lmao brilliant. You have what, around 340hp atm at the most? Which is probably around what I have, yet you have 4WD transmission losses and another 200kgs and you STILL think you would win? In your current spec I wouldn't even waste my V-Power :toung: I think you're forgetting I am a regular passanger and occassional driver of a circa 390hp Evo 8 MR, I'm not under any illusions as to how quick or slow they are!

Now, after your new mods and map that'll be more interesting :amuse: Too hard to call tbh!

As you know, I love and respect your car, and have strggled to beat one back in 2006 on my hornet 6 (honest, the RS out accelerated a 600cc sports bike :amazed:) but I got him when we came to traffic ;)

Anyway back to the point in hand. Evo's are not a fast car. They are a quick car. They top out after 160/170, but its the speed they get you there. As a passenger, you don't realise the speed of them, as they are a big car.

Now, I know for overtaking purposes the sort of gaps I need to overtake. So I know what she is capable off as a 30-60 range. And I also know I have had a 330 come up my arse and start to overtake me (speed advantage) and I have put my foot down and he just went backwards (and yes they guy was trying to race me) and I just made him look a fool to the blond thing in is passenger seat.

Im not saying I will blow you away Mr MA but I do hope/expect to win :lol:

Anyway, your ford (that internationally stand for Fixed Or Repaired Daily) will probably break down around 42mph!!! :amazed::amazed:
:amazed::amazed::amazed:

:amazed::amazed::amazed: Jerry Jerry Jerry !!! :lol:

Dear Joe,

It will only break down if I can get it started in the first place :lol:

No need to tell me what an Evo 8 drives like bud, driven a faster one than yours enough times :lol: I just wish that you weren't getting those mods done so I could blow you away every single time, now I'm not too sure as I think it could go either way tbh!

:lol:

Oh I like a good chat. We will have to wait and see. Will be interesting. As I said before, I know how them RS's accelerate and they sure as heck arn't slow.

We need to organise a day out at the Pod. I wonder how much it would cost to rent out, along with the timing equipment for half a day?

Too much. If it's timing equipment you want, I have a Racelogic Performance Box, which is pretty darned accurate. Just need somewhere to play lol.

New clutch and 3.6kg Flywheel on the 4th of Feb :D

To be fair, I built the car as a good all-round package. I could have just whacked a GT30R on or something and ran 420hp until something give up, Cosworth Pistons and PEC rods are dirt cheap for these and it's easy enough to build a bottom end. You'd definately be looking at the rear end then lol.

Last edited:
A day or even half a day at the Pod sounds like great fun BBJ but I fear it would be mahooooosive money :sad2: