intro

Are you still intending on driving on the public roads too? We cannot really give you specific advice as the rules governing tyre use and it's role in your country may well be very different to ours.

Understood! Well first off is to have the whole suspension given a thorough going over by someone who knows what to look for. Have all the bushes, drop links, top mounts etc properly checked for any abnormal wear and tear. Then if all this gets the thumbs up, have the whole car reset suspension wise with a full geometry adjustment. Tell the garage that there is instability at 110 mph and they can adjust the cars geometry accordingly.
Another thing, when the suspension has been checked also make sure that all four tyres are good and that the wheels are balanced properly.

Welcome. As T9 posted, get the car set-up correctly and check that everything is tight and to spec before attempting to break the sound barrier ;) As for change of tyres that is going to be down to what your government allows and the weather. Plus a case of cost! Track spec tyres are weather specific so one type will not suit all conditions plus you have different compounds.

great advice mahn,, yu'v completely changed my mindset guys

av come to realize that most of the thing we usually take to a mechanic are actually just ''DO IT YOURSELF''

Quite a way to save that extra cent

Hi there, really nice to have you along. I hope you enjoy the forums and get involved in our many discussions and debates.

You might just need to get your wheels balanced, shaking at speed is often down to the wheel balance. A tyre fitter will add weights to the rim of the car to smooth things out for you.

You might just need to get your wheels balanced, shaking at speed is often down to the wheel balance. A tyre fitter will add weights to the rim of the car to smooth things out for you.

A distinct possibility Obi, but if it is ok up until 110 mph before it starts to breakdance then I think it would be prudent to get the whole suspension double checked.

Also, sorry but I have to ask this too buddy, do you have any silly sized spoilers, boot lips or over the top wings on the car at all?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back