intro

dshankar

hey guys,

new on the forums here
i'm lookin to learn stuff about tuning and styling.

i might get a used benz 230 komp/320 komp or an 08 lancer ;) soon. styling prolly outweights tuning but once i get the car i want to put a turbo on it, do some suspension stuff.

street cred: does nfs carbon count?

HI dshankar and welcome to the site. NFS carbon gives you a chance to see how to mod a car without ruining it so in a way it is good practice. :wink:

Where are you from?

The US, so no chance of getting something like the Alfa Brera. 8)
Benz's are nice because there are cheaper used benz's; cheapest exotic alternative, imo.

The Alfa Breras are really nice. You can't go wrong with a Merc though. The engines are strong - they are built for cruising so if you lower the gear ratios you will have a LOT more acceleration.

Yeah, when I mentioned benz's to my friends they laughed. They're just stuck with their wrx imprezas and mustangs ;). I'm looking to do some gear ratio stuff, maybe add a turbo and get some better, longer lasting parts into the engine (primarily because the MB 320 Komp is the same as the MB 32 AMG but the AMG has more bhp due to better parts). I want to get some nice vinyls on it, maybe some street legal neons, nice rims & tires, get some good lights ( ;) ), a decent speaker system too. Budget probably <30k.

Mercs seem to work better with superchargers that turbos - that seems to be what Merc uses on the high power models. You should be able to do it up nicely with that budget. I would personally leave the vinyls till last and concentrate on improving the performance.

I think the AMG mercs are awesome cars. Friend of mine had a 500 and a 230 but I thought the 230 was a bit of a girls car!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back