Insurance for quick cars

Car
Skoda Fabia vRS
Ive been trying to get quotes for quicker cars. Ive been putting in ficticious quotes just to see what cars I can get with so many years driving and no claims. Im doing this to find out what car I could afford to insure next year as the plan is, is to sell my current car to my brother when he passes his test and I will buy something faster.

By this time I will have 2 years no claims but here is my problem.

Ive mostly been doing this on the Directline site (this is my current insurer) and the following cars I can insure for around the £1k mark with 3 yrs no claims

Honda Civic Type-R (this is what im thinking of getting next)
Astra VXR
Golf GTI
SEAT Ibiza Cupra 1.8 20v Turbo

However the minute I change the details to make it so I have 2 yrs no claims, it kicks me out and says to phone them.

Ive tried comparison sites but are all useless giving me stupidly high quotes and don't check with the most popular insurance companies. Once I did a quote for my 1st car (Vauxhall Astra 1.4) and my highest quote was £8401!

So does anyone know of any good insurance companies which are cheap and perhaps more friendly to younger drivers?

The problem with the 2 years NCB may be that you haven't been driving long enough. Prices tips seem pretty good ones.

Quinn Direct have always been very cheap for me, however I have no experience with their ability at dealing with a claim - you must consider this when looking for the cheapest insurance available.

I refuse to use companies that have foreign call centres. How can it be good customer service if the person on the other end of the phone can't understand what I'm saying?! It'd probably be very difficult to make a claim with these companies! I don't have any 'making a claim' experience yet, and being a student, I've gotta try and find the cheapest deal.

Also, if your looking to modify the car, make sure you deal with a company that will allow you to do so. A lot of companies deal through other insurance companies meaning if you want to modify your car, you may have to have a mid-term transfer, another factor to consider when even buying a new car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Privilege - it's a subsidiary of RBS so is in the same group of companies as Direct Line, Churchill etc.

This doesn't mean that the prices are the same. Each sub company has it's own likes and dislikes.

(045 246 0311) is the number, I think.

Good luck.

bell direct are good as well they have now given me 3 cheapest quotes in
4 years

i remember doing things like this in the past with 4 years no claims i could insure an evo 7 for £400 a year ??? and that was only putting me at 23 (now my current age) shame ive only got the 2 at the moment

Last edited: