Ins Cert.

Tricati

Wrench Pro
Car
Vauxhall Antara 2.2
Astra VXR due it's rent, pay day yesterday so hunted out insurance doc's to find only last years. After a bit of head scratching I remembered changing companies last year, having 3 other cars insured I wasn't too sure who I had insured the VXR with. Eventually found a letter from More Than to say I had a vehicle insured with them & I could get house/boat/contents quote if needed. Turns out I never recieved any postal doc's nor have a downloadable certificate to get the road tax & need to wait until the new certificate arrives up to 9 days from my call.

The Astra is languishing in the garage until this is sorted. I've just changed insurance on my BN1 yesterday to a local broker rather than going online again, got all doc's there & then & cost £90 less than renewal price plus I get £35 back after 90 days continual insurance with them. Company is Swintons who I reckon may see more of my business as the other cars insurances become due.

Last edited:
Agreed, the online or telephone car tax renewal just checks the documents via the computer system so no docs needed.

There is no substitute for a local broker, especially if you need help over a claim or some other insurance related issue.

Agreed, the online or telephone car tax renewal just checks the documents via the computer system so no docs needed.

There is no substitute for a local broker, especially if you need help over a claim or some other insurance related issue.

Online an option before 1st of month but I waited until 4th & pay day to get the tax. Astra rarely gets used when I'm working so it sitting in the garage wasn't too much of a problem, I now have to wait on the paper certificate of insurance to get the tax ot local post office. I will be making sure all in place well in advance from now on though & using local broker if prices are right :)

phone them up and get them to email you a copy over
last few years paper work has all been emailed
just print it off and go and get your tax then its a 30 min que in the post offiice

Ins certificate arrived today, home from work in Robin BN1, 25 miles from Tay bridge to mine, picked up documents & off to local post office.

VXR with me at work this afternoon, I have to supply own car to travel throughout Fife hence the cheap & cheerful Robin BN1 at 50mpg, the 240bhp was just too tempting so it was off the main roads onto the A + B's to blow off the cob webs, fantastic. :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back