If your car had dual controls

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Do you think your passenger would interfere with your driving if you had duel (sorry dual he he) controls.

I guess this depends how confident people feel when you are driving.

I think my wife would use them plenty of times:confused:

i wouldnt like hveing them in, i know if i was n the ar with my mum i would always be useing them.

i would never get a car with them in, as haveing a child/drunk person in it wouldnt be safe.

i think some people mite inferear with my driveing, but depends who it is xD and how i am drivieng at the time :p

xD my gf will not drive the skoda...even tho i have done little work to it...

when you was learning to drive did any of u get anoyed with the duel controls? some of my friends got anoyed i never had the problem, mine only used them if i was about to pull out infront of a car :p

lol my instructor used them today i sort of wouldnt give way to this car!!! He had a car parked on his side of the road so whos right of way is it? MINE thats whos!

if anyone is ever near the forest of dean, drive thro the lil town of cinderford...it takes skills to do that...

just cus you got L plates on doent mean that they have right of way!!!

prob me being as think as two short planks.

I find that drivers see L plates and think they have right off way... or was that just me?

What we would term 'dual control' (i.e. clutch and brake) just isn't enough for some people.

When I was on holiday in Morocco a few years ago we passed a driving test centre, and some of the school cars even had a second steering wheel linked by bike chain to the original!

I couldn't say if they could also cut the throttle from the instructor seat.

I wouldn't want to be the driver with my wife in a car like that - she'd have me up the kerb and into someone's garden just to say "Look that's the colour of curtains I meant!"

I would like to think my passengers feel quite safe when I'm driving but I do precision driving and cut things close, within a clear margin for error but I doubt other people appreciate this when it happens!

When I was taking a course participant on a couple of hot laps thru the cones on our "vision and steering" course in a MR2 that had dual controls one of the females obviously panicked and hit the brake (was instructed NOT to touch the pedals before starting) and had an embarrassing moment when the MR plowed straight ahead instead of turning where the wheels were pointed:eek::oops: