If you were the Chairman of Toyota?

dpsubaru

The Torque Meister
Car
Subaru WRX Turbo 04
What would you do now? The letigious US system is now chasing them and class action lawsuits are looming, do you think that everyone now just has the knives out for them?

If me i would withdraw all further investments in the US, stop all parts manufacturer and have everything made overseas. Toyota are no doubt in the wrong about what has been done but with theiving lawyers chasing them to pay out billions in lawsuits for "damages" then its about time that someone stood up and took a stand. US may be a big market at the current time but in 10 years - lets see, my bets are on China and India.

In the current economic climate this could well be the death knell for them. I suspect that if things got really bad they would do a GM. Declare bankruptcy and set up a new company to operate under (New Toyota)

Toyota has done nothing more than any other maker would do in the event of a possible fault and recall cars to have that fault rectified.

Ford and GM have been doing this for millions of years with none of this outrageous media attention.

I think that the US government and Gordon (FLB) Brown have together welcomed this little non issue as a means to divert media attention from the abortive mess that has been made of the world economy between them.

Toyota is not known for producing unreliable cars. It's simply for this reason that we're all so outraged by this minor issue. A Toyota recall is hitherto unheard of (forgive the dubious grammar in that sentence, please).

Vauxhall (GM) has been allowed to make and sell crap cars for years without impediment or negative appraisal.

Go figure

Last edited by a moderator:
not sure if politicians really do see the masses as being so stupid as not to realise they are trying to put Toyota out of favour (seems mainly in the USA - note the new recall now on Corolla's) so they can get their bankrupt GM out of the woods.
HDi - agree with all your comments.
this is a blatant witchhunt.
Waynne - the Japanese govt wouldnt allow Toyota to go bankrupt, this is going to become more and more a political fight, just not sure why Toyoda has not pushed for this.