If you had a 500bhp car

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
If you had a 500bhp do you think you would end up having a nasty accident in it.

Realistically I think I probably would. It is quite a power jump for me and if it were something RWD like a 911 I do think I would end up falling off a road somewhere.:(

I don't see it as a problem unless you insist on turning off all the stability management systems and then driving around like an absolute moron.

But you could do the same in an old 1.6 Cavalier.

Taking a 911 as an example they do have unbelieveable grip

The modern 911's are really easy to drive, perhaps that's why they're so popular amongst fat bankers . I've driven a 360 too and I don't claim to be the best driver but there's nothing to it either really. I think modern supercars are built to be able to handle and drive well with their power. Whereas as 500bhp in something like a 200SX or an RX-7 would be way more deadly imo. Lad I work with wrote off his RX-7 and he hadn't even had it two weeks.

If you had a 500bhp do you think you would end up having a nasty accident in it.

Realistically I think I probably would. It is quite a power jump for me and if it were something RWD like a 911 I do think I would end up falling off a road somewhere.:(
I get in enough "trouble" with my Jag, I can be "innocent" and still have cops looking at me as if I am a speeding ticket waiting to happen. I could scare myself in something with 500bhp~!!!~!

Take an early 911 and tool it up with 500bhp delivered brutally to that rear end with the engine hanging out over the back and you would have a very savage car that needed careful taming.

Modern ones are incredibly forgiving - it's hard to tell which end is driven.

Hmm, 500bhp car. Well theres only one for me and it's that bhp as standard lol. The 6.0 V8 Monaro VXR500. 6.0 with a superhcharger hehe. Then rip the charger off and buy the twin turbo kit from Australia and kick it up 750bhp.....

sorry, lost track there, let me just go change my boxers lmao.

i dont tink i would but then again i do have those mad moments when its an empty road for miles. so who nos:cheesy:

nah - I think i'd be able to refrain myself from doing something stupid with an additional 160HP. Although I did seriously consider a second hand SL55 AMG before I bought the R36, but decided that much power and rear wheel drive in the UK isn't going to be "usable" very often...

I'd Have it only for a bit of fun like a treat. and you probley live a bit longer too ;)