ICE audio settings

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How do you set the basic controls on your head unit as far as bass/treble and speakers?

I bias more to the rear of the car and set the bass and treble just slightly below standard. (My radio has a loud option which boosts the music so I use this.)

Treble normally up half way or so, Mid range a tiny bit lower than treble and Bass is set in the minuses because I like it loud and crisp.
The balance in the Focus is pretty good so that stays standard.

Everything top dead centre (ie no gain or attenuation)

My home system doesn't even have bass and treble controls - I'm a bit of a purist in that way.

In the Rado i have the fade set to +4, bass to +2 mid to +4 and Treble to +6, and the 6x9's have the extra 10db bass boost switched on.

it is only set this way as the kenwood that is in there is quite basic so i cant play with individual freq's and SL adjustments, but it sounds crisp and clear, not too tinny and not too bassy either.

i like my music to be quality focused, not bass focused.

that's why I listen to music properly at home. No need to EQ at all. It introduces phasing problems which makes 'holes' in the music.

my setup will be improving massively soon enough.... got some audioscape door pods to go in, need to buy a set of Rainbow components, and a decent 4 channel amp to power it all.

No subs though, corrado doesnt exactly have a huge boot as is, and i have to get 2 prams in there if needs be! :lol:

my setup will be improving massively soon enough.... got some audioscape door pods to go in, need to buy a set of Rainbow components, and a decent 4 channel amp to power it all.

No subs though, corrado doesnt exactly have a huge boot as is, and i have to get 2 prams in there if needs be! :lol:

Been there, mate. Kid's seem to consume a lot of cubic feet with their stuff and parerphenalia. You'd think you're emigrating given the car load of kit carted about.

But I refuse to buy a bus to accomodate it. Mine are 9 and 13 and they'd need to commision Citylink to move their chattels about if I let them have thier ways.

I'm with HDi, all set to zero (& the same at home to), only the fader is set one step forward to even out the balance between the front & back speakers.

If you want a pure sound at home then buy a fatman valve amp and a set of electrostatic speakers,

I set my car stereo different depending on what I'm listening to, it's kind of annoying cause I have loads of presets and I don't like any of them and only 1 custom eq slot, I listen to mainly rock and metal and have different eq's for each, like when I listen to Metallica I dial in loads of treble +9 and bass +8 and dial down the mid to about 0 - +2
It thicken's the sound up and makes it sound heavier, however if i listen to ACDC or Guns n roses then I dial down the bass to about +3 and up the mids to about +5 - +6 Which gives it a nice creamy/cutting sound,

I could go on and on but you get the jist.....