I cheated and paid to have my car cleaned

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
On Saturday the car was so filthy my wife got salt, grime and road splat on her Jeans just brushing against the car! Not a happy bunny I must say, and quite rightly so!

The number plate was visible but only if you could read braille!

It was -6 degrees and I worked out that washing it myself was not going to work when the sponge froze to the bonnet! (Should have used warm water!)

Anyhoo I took it to the local hand car wash and let the guys do their thing. There was a massive queue and I bet they were raking it in that day but they did a good job and I feel that was £7 well spend!

Does anyone else feel a bit wired sitting in a car with 3 guys cleaning it?

i would usually paid to get my car clean when i have the money, unless its nice sunny and hot :D mainly cos im lazy though, plus i know they will do a better job then me lol

i wouldnt pay someone to clean my car, i find i do a better job myself
but if you were happy with tjhe job they done, well

and i would find it weird sitting in my car while others washed it

yeah asabove, wanna good job doing, do it yerself. those blokes wash the car top to bottom and hardly ever rinse the sponge/mitt. not good for ya paint work,so much more satisfying doing it yerself.imo.

Grrrr I will newer let alien guy with brush touch my car! (Not sure about some tiny bikini wearing chick;) Best to do it yourself.

I always do it myself, part from when I've got a show and my mate whose got his own valeting business and he comes and helps me, I'll befriend anyone who has an electric machine polisher :).
Does inside and out till its gleaming for mates rates at a tenner!

Hey! In my defence I did try and it just wasn't going to happen.

Id rather a hand car wash than an automatic scratchy watch at the local garage. They did do a great job, one that I'd have taken 4 times as long to achieve the same thing.

The car was thoroughly cleaned a few months ago, I removed all road tar and polished out the minor scratches then put on a layer of wax so it did make their job easier.;)