How far would you walk?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Assuming you had to go to a corner shop somewhere. What sort of distance or circumstances would you walk instead of taking the car.

I walked about 300 meters to a shop once :shock:

Had to wait for a bus to get back though - it took a lot out of me! :lol:

Many years ago, before I tuned into a bit of a puddin, I used to walk 8 miles a day. :shock: I'm out of breath when I reach the end of my drive now. :rolleyes:

waynne said:
Assuming you had to go to a corner shop somewhere. What sort of distance or circumstances would you walk instead of taking the car.

I walked about 300 meters to a shop once :shock:

Had to wait for a bus to get back though - it took a lot out of me! :lol:

waynne I enjoy walking I only use the car for long journeys but if the walking distance take more then 30 minutes going from point A to point B yes then I will use my car. I think it has its own charm walking down the high street and saying hello to familiar faces, at least it get people talking. What I am sad about is in England Govt haven’t given much thought about footpaths and other means so that people can safely walk around the town as compared to European countries.

fingers said:
Many years ago, before I tuned into a bit of a puddin, I used to walk 8 miles a day. :shock: I'm out of breath when I reach the end of my drive now. :rolleyes:
yeah i used to be like that bout 5 years ago. used to walk / run 25 miles a day when i was off school then work after passed my test it all changed. at one point (just after i passed ) i took the car to a shop 200m away :oops:

generally if its less than 2 miles away, and im not needin anything in a rush, i will walk other wise the car goes

well once when i was rly high i walked from my house to krespy kreams im not gonna lie it was worth the trek but i think i only did it coz i was chung i wouldnt have done it normally i dont know how far exactly it is to get there but it took me 2 hours to walk there and another 2 to get back

I used to drive my fiesta 30 seconds down the road, when you think about actually getting in the car, and then parking probably takes longer but when it cold out or your just lazy, you don't seem to care. However, that was a £500 car, my new car which is worth 7 times that, I treat with a little more respect, I don't turn it off if its got a cold engine which means no short journeys to the shop, I just take the dog instead, he doesn't seem to mind.

yeah i was like that take the car to the shops 2 mins walk away just coz the car was parked outside the flat. come back and spent the next 5 mins trying to park it again

I like walking...it is nice to be able take the car but the town I live in is so small it just isn't worth it to start it and drive for half a minit. Allthough we have a culture here that is called "Rúnturinn". That is mostly younger people that do that, but it is a route in most towns where the people just drive it many times over the night with friends and just have fun. The best translation I've ever heard for it is the Icelandic Round Driving :lol:

Cruising thats more what id call it. its the younger ones that have just passed their test and want to show off. you know when theyre starting to grow upas you see them out less and less ( i know as live on the high street and watch them go up and down all night, or until something goes bang)

This is the age group from 17 and up to 30 years mostly but there is people up to 50 that do this regularily but just not allways the same ring

I allso live by one of the streets that is in the circle they drive and it is allmost non-stop. Actually I will probably be in that group when I get myself a car