How far without a break

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How far do you drive without a break if you have a long journey to cover?

I tend to do stages, 3.5 hours first stint then drop this to every 2 hours. If i've been going all day on the road then I might take breaks every hour.

I know some drivers need frequent breaks and I also know others who just don't stop till they get to their destination.

What about you?

Depends How Tried I am lol ..... I'll keep driving but if I'm tired I'll stop every hour or hour and half for 5mins to stretch my legs

I only stop on two occations.

1. - Fuel
2. - Loo breaks

Usually, due to my car it is the first option. As I can only do about 300 Miles on a good run. In my old car, when I was going down the road, Id always stop 350 mils from start (carlisle) and that would be my only stop.

I only stop for Fuel, Head (US Navy term for Loo), and Sleep. Once drop from San Diego, CA to Great Lakes, MI (16+ hours due to having to stop and drop off sum stuff in Pheonix, AZ) and it took me about 21.

Normally every couple of hours, as I rarely drive for more than 1 hr in my job before I get to stop.

From Rock ( in cornwall ) to thurso ( in the far north of scotland, as in any more north and you would be in the sea ) 16 + hours with minimum gas and loo stops, giant traffic jams at both birmingham and later glasgow, i guess about 6 hours behind the wheel at any one time.

it was not the most fun thing ever.

It's a real back killer. It's quite funny seeing drivers get out of their cars at service areas when their legs haven't' started working properly again.

I did Pitlochry to Northampton in March 1990 in one hit. Far too far for me now but I was only 19 at the time.
Last summer I did Wolverhampton to Holyhead and back home (Aylesbury area) wih nothing more than an hour at Holyhead and a fuel stop about 100 miles from home.

I have driven 8 hours without a break,or drinking energy drinks and stuff like that and once i finish the journey i feel even more energetic and reborn :D