How complicated would this engine swap be?

poboyle

Wrench Pro
Citroen ax shell + vts engine = flying machine :D . I was just wondering how hard it would be to put a citroen saxo vts engine into my old diesel citroen ax... Its been done before so i tried finding a guide but haven't been successful, any ideas?

Theres quite a bit of paperwork invloved when you change the fuel type of an engine. You are also looking at pretty much rebuilding the car from scratch. The diesel lump is heavy so the suspension will also need adjusting for the petrol engine. The fuel tank. lines pump will need cleaning out thoroughly. IMHO there is too much work required to make this work cost effective.

These conversions are quite cheap to buy and there are a few knocking around. I'm looking to possibly buy something similar for the summer. Either that or buy a an AX GT and turbo it.

There is an AX VTS on sale on Piston Heads at the minute - £1700. Can be a bugger to work on the engines as the bay is quite crowded. An example of this is you may need to remove the engine to change timing belt! Hehe!