Hot or cold water

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
When you wash your car do you use hot or cold water or somewhere in between.

I always used cold but very hot water seems to do a great job at cutting through the tar and grime.

It's also nicer to plunge your soft delicate hands into warm water rather than cold.

I use cold water from the pressure washer or just a hose pipe. Prefer to have the buckets filled with hot water, helps with removing the grime. I see it as which would be more beneficial: A hot bath or a cold one :amuse:

Always use hot in the bucket. Then to rinse off its cold from the hose pipe.

There is nothing worse then washing your car on a cold windy day and putting your hands in a freezing bucket of cold water!!

That's very posh! ;)

I thought that would have been one of your options Mr T9. You have all the gear...! lol :D

I bet your having that installed right now arn't you!!

I had that option, because I had one of them tap connectors for your bathroom sink, but me misses lad broke it :(

the original garage was also a utility room at the back so had hot and cold pipes for the washing machine. when the garage was ripped down the hot water was blanked off and a tap put on the cold water for the hose.

i ended up fitting a tap to the hot water as well so i had the option for heavy deposits. downside is hot water comes from a back burner in the stove. so it is hot! at times when the fires roaring such as in winter the water actually boils coming out the taps in the bathroom. so the hose doesnt like it very much they tend to deform quickly