honda civic 1.5dx 4door

That answers my question on the engine then...it's not really worth remapping a 1.5 as you won't really get much more from it. What kind of power are you looking to achieve?

hi.thanks for replying.just trying to get some bhp not to much am using it for family car aswell have 3 kids.just put on a 4 branch manifold just ordered coil overs an a short shifter.was thinking on changing lower crank pulley an putting on ajustible cam gears.have been looking at electric super chargers does any have an opinion on electric super charges.by changing the pulleys will this make much difference on fuel consomsution ?

is the eletric chargers the ones that go in the intake pipe. if so dont bother that would be the best advise. theres no way that they could spin fast enough to move the air in. if you think about it your civic is a 1.5 so that 1500cc roughly and your engine is proberly around 50% efficiant for that 750cc. at cruising speed your looking at around 3000 rpm and a 4 stoke uses every other rev ( one to intake then 1 to exhaust ) so that 1500 intake revs per minute. so
0.75 litre (750cc) x 1500 = 1125 ltrs per min.

the charger would have to be able to move more air than this every minute.

Another point is that if your kids are young you may want to avoid an induction kit and a sports exhaust (unless you have a silencer fitted) as this may be too loud for them.

Have you thought about an engine swap?

yes i have only found the engine swap sight yes,some engines seem to be ok for the swap only having to ad 4 wires on the loom BUTT where i live in ireland the local mechanics arent the best,the last car i built cost me over 3,000 euro for wiring alone.where i live we are big rally county most off the good mec charge too much.i putt a fwd hi torque eng into a 96 fwd sallon corrola,had evo3 body kit ect....ect.it would be better just to wait an buy an sir 1 or something different.just going to mod this wee car for the next year or so until i see something i like..

cheers for that,whats ur opinion on changing stock parts for light weight `1`s like lower crank,cam gears,cam shafts ect... + was thinking on putting in a skunk 2 throttle body !!

Weight reduction is worthwhile but you really need to shed at least 50kg's to see much benefit. (imagine how much slower the car is with a couple of passenger and this will be how much quicker it is.)

You can take out the spare and all the crud in the back and see what the weight loss does to performance. This will then tell you if it is worth going all the way with OZ lightweight wheels and low weight performance parts.

yo was looking at camshafts with a bullfrog ecu do u have any opinion on these items please!!!

Dont get a race camshaft stick with a mild fast road cam and you'll be ok. No experience with the Bullfrog myself - what does it do? I'm guessing it replaces the ECU and takes over all aspects of engine management which should be good.

thanks for that wayne,if u type in bullfrog ecu it brings up all about cams ,turbos e.c.t.i got a set off coil overs today,oem is the manufacture never got any instuctions with them,there are a little bag off rubbers like o rings do u have any idea what there for??? there 4" ajustable first time unstalling them.