Hi

paulgolding

Torque Junkie
Car
vw t4 caravelle 2.5
Hi Wayne, it's Paul !! Finally got round to signing up !! Life is busy

Anyway, I'll try and post some photos of the car (Which might be up for sale soon :amazed:)

love the site :)

Thanks.

It's a bmw 320ci convertible. The one with the 2.2 engine in. Lovely car but another car might well be on the way.

Hi Paul. Very warm welcome to the site - nice to have you along. Better late than never!

You've not had the BMW that long - it's a summer car and your selling it just before we get the nice weather. Glad you like the site ;)

So whats next on the shopping list? I suppose it has to be family friendly so what about an Impreza?

Wayne, 4:40am :amazed: . . Can't sleep ?? :)

Ok, Wayne and Prince . . My wife can get a really good deal from her work on leasing a car with all servicing, repairs, tax etc paid for. We thought we'd go sensible with a peugeot 308 diesel, but when we looked at the showroom they had a 307 cc next to it !!

Funny enough with the roof up the boot space is bigger than the 308 ??!! you get leather and climate as standard on the sport and they do a 136bhp diesel engine version !!

So, watch this space !!

Wayne, yes, the Bm is a wonderful car, but the new one will be fun and we worked out we'd save £100 per month on fuel with the diesel and £100 per month not paying for servicing, parts etc. That nearly pays for the lease :)

yeah, we've gone over it again and again and it all seems good. Just found out one of our customers is on same scheme.

if it goes wrong it goes back to peugeot and just goes on their account, anything small like windscreen wipers etc you just send them receipt and they re imburse you !! :)

Leasing is a bloody good option if you're in the cash in lieu of car type of scheme. You can avoid all the issues that private ownership can incur. Although these are infrequent with brand new or very very young second user cars.

If the contract is directly between you and the lease company then there is no risk of damaging your working relationship with your employer if issues arise. Of course, you don't have the backup of your employer if such issues do arise.

It makes for pain free motoring with only the BIK tax to pay. Provided that your employer doesn't stipulate that you select from a restricted list of cars available from a restricted list of lease operators.

I know of one bloke who took the cash in lieu option. Leased a nice Volvo 850R (few years ago). WHich his wife used daily. And he went to work every day in a 26 year old Austin Maxi. I admire that - his employer despised it. But, 10/10 for execution.

Kind rgds,

P.

4:40 am - Yup insomnia strikes again. you can talk though Paul (Hang on we've got another Paul on the site this is going to get confusing.)

Get the cc remapped and you will certainly not be dissapointed. (I bet they wont let you though theres bound to be a clause in the agreement!)

excellent !! . . I have looked into it. If I do then I might look into one that's removable or that doesn't cost much to set back to factory. Then if we decide just to give the car back after I can alter it back !!

I've asked about changing the stereo and they're fine with that which is good because I got a load to put in the beemer which has been sitting there for 6 months !! :amazed:

Which actually brings me to a question . . but I'm gonna put that in the appropriate section so you'll have to search for it

;)

You'll like the remapped power. I'll go find your ICE question - wonder where that will be? Off to the Drifting forum then? :lol:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back