hi

hi and welcome, brakes are good with an engine swap more power = longer stopping distance + added weight maybe big brakes would be somthing to think about if you can affor the 1200 starting price i beleve

i am not sure yet where or what make to go for but i want the size and power gain/ volume efficenty gain from the turbo i have to get money to gether i have got the idea to do it but not the funds :( thinking about it i should realy play with the valves and manifolds aswell to help the turbo realy i need some advice on what engines and components to go for

cool i will look in to them i like the sound of the 2.7 vxr i want some thing reliable so i only have to change the engin once or till i get bored lol :toung:

heavy engine up front, poor suspension setup and trying to run lots of power and torque without a LSD.
could possible be fixed with decent suspension and a thick rear anti roll bar. maybe even thinning down the standard front one

would suggest going with coilovers really as they will allow you to fine tune it, dampning, spring ratem rebound ratem camber, etc rather than just dropping the hight

yer thinking bout it that would be more practical but mayb a silly question but would that sort out the under strear out

why dont you sell the vectra and just buy a saab 9000 2.3 turb, get an early one and you just turn a screw for instant bhp, get a later one and saabflight will find 300bhp for £300 ish, so 300bhp for a grand. The engine will take near 500bhp with standard internals. If you are going to mess around changing engines why not put the saab engine in an Omega, fits on gearbox no probs, so 300bhp plus and rwd. Sound maybe a sleeper m5 eater.

Last edited by a moderator:
an old volvo 960 turbo will make 350 bhp with a little cash thrown at it and that is allready rwd, the saab is much cheaper though.

setting up the suspension - camber and toe
stiffen up the rear of the chassis more than the front - strut braces and thicker/ a roll bar on the rear and leave the front
will help

Sorry mate- bit late to the party! Good to have you with us and may I extend to you a warm welcome.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back