Hi to everyone!

radioham

Car
vauxhall Insignia
Hi to all in torquecars, thanks for having me as a member of your group. My name is Richard and i live in Ayrshire Scotland, i have just purchased a used 2012 vauxhall insignia 2.0cdti [160] hatchback sri turbo. I am hoping to get some hints and tips on how i can maybe improve on the handling and performance of my insignia.This is my first diesel car, so don't really know what to expect in the way of performance etc.
best regards to everyone. richard

Hi and welcome to TC forums.
Quick look on Celtic Tuning says a remap should get you near 200hp and 317lbft of torque. For £300 quid it's the best value for money upgrade you can do. Deep pockets are needed after that

Hi Aerial Andy, thanks for the welcome and quick reply. I have been thinking along those lines myself, how much difference would i see in performance etc, and would it need uprated in any way to cope with the extra power. I must admit, at present she will take off like a rocket when required. All the best.. radioham

These stage 1 remaps will all be within standard mechanical tolerances. When you start changing turbo, intercooler, injectors etc etc then you will need to look at clutch, brakes, suspension, drive train etc
Anything over 300lb of torque will fling you down the road quick enough |B

Sounds good, I'll have a look around for a tuners in my area and let you know how i get on.
Take a look for a garage that's a Celtic or Quantum tuning agent. The garage takes a reading of your ecu software, sends it to tuner. They write the new program and send it back to garage. They download then test the vehicle and make sure you're happy. You will also have a test period of normally 14-30 days and if not happy will put your ecu back to standard. Win Win

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin! Really nice to have you along.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back