Hi there, new to the site

broomy1984

Car
Vauxhall Astra
Hi folks, i'm new to the site so thought i'd drop a post & say hello. I'm Stephen, 25 & from Northern Ireland & I drive a 2008 Vauxhall Astra derv. Just started to mod the car, stuck a set of 18" bk999s on her & a set of eibach pro's, next on the list is a tuning box, just waiting for the funds to be saved.

Hello and welcome. Please don't fit a tuning box.

Get the car remapped via the diagnostic port. Tuning boxes are crude in operation and will give unpredictable results.

Cheers for the welcome guys.

HDi fun - The reason im considering a tuning box is my cars only 6mths old & still under warrenty & I know a fella who works for vx & he told me that some re-maps are un-detectable but vx can tell when your ecu was last 'flashed' so if I ever needed warrenty work done on the engine after a re-map id be screwed. They now check for the last flashed date on any engine warrenty work. Im also a member of AON & the feedback on the DTUK boxes from the site are honestly quite impressive i've spent hours scourig the posts & I haven't come across a single complaint about the box itself or any engine trouble as a result. They come with warrenty on the box itself & on your engine, also when I selll the car on I can sell the box on too. I definitely wouldn't go sticking on some cheapo ebay box.

OK - I can see your point.

To be honest though, it's not in the dealer's interest to grass you up to Vauxhall UK anyway as if the warranty is void then they lose out as well. That said, I can see why you'd rather not risk it.

I suppose if you get a tuning box of any kind and it makes the car dirty or rough then just take it off and send it back for full refund.

Let me know how you get on, and what you buy.

Hi and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. Good to have you along. Modding a car that is so new eh! That's the style! Keep up the good work and I can't wait till it gets out of warranty and you can really go to town on it!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back