hi, new and need tuning advice

miniracer

Car
vw polo 1.9 sport
Ive just got a vw polo1.9tdi sport
Its a 1.9tdi PD 100 engine with 100bhp and 240 torque
nice little runner but like everyone I want it faster lol
could anyone advise me what will give me the best power increase like remap etc and has anyone had it done before and what are the differences going to be?
cheers
jason

A remap should take this engine to around 140-150bhp and is completely safe to do so. You'll also get a little more fuel economy from it so it's a major win.

Larger gains would come from a turbo and injector upgrade but you're talking 1000's rather than 100's so a remap is by far and away the best cost mod you can do on your car.

A remap should take this engine to around 140-150bhp and is completely safe to do so. You'll also get a little more fuel economy from it so it's a major win.
Larger gains would come from a turbo and injector upgrade but you're talking 1000's rather than 100's so a remap is by far and away the best cost mod you can do on your car.
Cheers would it be worth putting a k&n filter on first ?
140 will make it a little rocket being so light, how much is a decent remap and is there any like version of remap or do I just ask for a remap?

Cheers would it be worth putting a k&n filter on first ?
140 will make it a little rocket being so light, how much is a decent remap and is there any like version of remap or do I just ask for a remap?

A K&N induction kit will add nothing powerwise. Even a high flow cotton panel filter will not really make a noticeable difference. I put one in my 140 2.0 TDI and didn't really notice it performance wise so I wouldn't recommend them. High air flow is not a priority for a low revving diesel engine.

Ignore peak power quotes on remaps, the torque curve and power delivery are what really matter here. I'd say you're looking at around £300 for a decent remap. Talk to Revo, Viezu, JK Automotive, Celtic tuning and see what others recommend. But make sure you use a large recommended company that will create a custom map for your car rather than just using a generic off the shelf map.

A K&N induction kit will add nothing powerwise. Even a high flow cotton panel filter will not really make a noticeable difference. I put one in my 140 2.0 TDI and didn't really notice it performance wise so I wouldn't recommend them. High air flow is not a priority for a low revving diesel engine.

Ignore peak power quotes on remaps, the torque curve and power delivery are what really matter here. I'd say you're looking at around £300 for a decent remap. Talk to Revo, Viezu, JK Automotive, Celtic tuning and see what others recommend. But make sure you use a large recommended company that will create a custom map for your car rather than just using a generic off the shelf map.
Thankyou ill have a phone round tomorrow

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back