Hi ladies and Gents!

Ticket55

Tuner
Car
mazda RX-7 FD3
Hi guys and girls, new member here, joined to hopefully get inspiration and help along my long journey to getting a nice little mx-5 for drifting on a track. Currently own a Mazda RX-7 FD3, but is becoming rather expensive to run as a daily! I'm an aprentice mechanic but don't claim to know half as much as some of the people on this site. Thanks for reading, if anyone wants to know anything, feel free to ask! :).

Hi and welcome.

I am not a drift fan (can't see the point in going slowly around a race course) but there may be some on here who are.

Drifting doesn't always mean slowly :lol:. Granted it isn't as quick as it would be following the racing line with full traction, but it isn't really a good idea to drift on the streets, so that is out of the window for me :).

Besides, I have a bike for going quickly round a track.

They are! But the fuel consumption isn't!! :p costs me over £120 to fill and can use that easily in one weekend of sensible driving! is madness, granted it isnt stock, but i cant really afford it anymore. I will upload a picture when i'm allowed :). watch this space! :D

Indeed, But I'm not sure i would have anything of value to comment with on most of the posts ;). Will have to search long and hard for stuff to post with lol

Hello and a warm welcome from me. I think drifting has come a long way, the specs and performance figures of modern drift cars are approaching F1 complexity and standards, speeds are also increasing.

I am quite a big drifting fan so let's just call it a young persons sport - the old ones don't understand ;)

Will you be supercharging or turboing your MX5- or do you have other plans for it?

Feel free to get involved in our other discussions and debates, we welcome all opinions and I'm sure you have some knowledge that will fill a gap in one of our newer members questions.

Please also post up a project thread for us and keep us posted, we love to see what people are doing with their cars and I'm sure you'll get lots of valuable feedback and tips.

Im really taken by supercharging it! As much as i love my rx7 turbo kicking in, i feel a super charger would be better for drifting (plus i love the supercharger whistle) ;). But i have a mortage now, and a mrs that feels money shouldn't be spent on cars, so im saving for the mx5 at the moment :).

I can't find the pic, where is it? I'm looking in the media gallery and re-reading your older posts.

I do see a fine looking RX7 in your Avatar image though, perhaps that was what you meant :D

I shall upload a couple of pics of it during and after painting when i get chance to get the laptop out at work :) my guess would be around mid day they will be up :D

Would love to be able to drift as it would be :cool:given my advancing years :eek:

I don't think that doing a Scando flick into a turn at 160 k's is exactly slow as my drift mate tells me they set the cars up more towards grip now so the speeds are higher.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back