Hi I'm a newbie

keycar

Wrench Pro
Car
1998 honda accord
Hi, I'm new to all of this. A friend told me if I wanted to learn more on how to tune my car I should start with forums. Well here I am. But just looking so far I like this site.

Hi there and welcome. you've definetely found the right site.

We have a few members on here from Cali so you are in good company. California emissions rules seems overly strict and restrictive from a car tuning point of view.

also the list of mods that you can have done isn't to great. performance wise if it passes smog your good about 90% of the time, just don't be cutting holes in your cat or exhaust, that illegal and a major fine if caught. for looks, no neon on the road unless it is white or yellow. red can only be seen from the back of the car, blue/purple isn't allowed at all. white/yellow can be seen from all directions if i remember right. no part of the car can be any lower than the bottom of the rim, so if you want 2 or 3 in clearance will have to go lo-profile tires. Tinting is another big one, that alot of people get hit on. can't remember the legal limit, but if you call the cop shops they should be able to tell you, word of caution though, darker tints make cops nervous, they can't see what you are doing very well. there is also a Db limit for exhausts and stereos. other than that, enjoy your time here and hope to see you around sometime.

if you don't mind billyo where are you from, it sounds like its getting pretty close to winter weather. also yes on the emmisions laws around here. i was looking for a new cat for my jetta and its amazing how many won't work in Cali. but do work in all the other states.

hi there pgarner. sorry no reply but i was away awhile due to thanksgiving day here in the states. tell me how the weather is there in scotland.

i can't imagine. i live in southern california so weather is almost the opposite. in fact its almost 5 pm and i'm walking outside in short sleeves.

well.....i put a jacket on at night to be comfortable but also think during christmas i don't get to make snowmen or go sledding and during the summer it gets pretty hot.

Ok then, heres the deal. You gloat when it is sunny and we'll gloat when we are all making Snowmen and sledding! :lol:

sounds like a deal. and no worry's prince you been giving me advice on other threads.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back