Hi guys

CrxVti

Car
clio sport 172 mk1
Hi guys.

Im a new member to the site from Gibraltar.

I have a crx del sol 1.6 vtec vti dohc left hand drive.

Im having issues with the brakes as the car does not want to stop. Take into account it only has a back box so its practically standard.

I have put 4 new discs and pads, new master cylinder and blead the whole system and still nothing. However the front right is breaking less than the left side.

Could it be the piston or a new caliper.

Please help as the car has been sat there for a while an im dieing to use it.

Thanks

Nathan

It sounds like a sticky caliper, I would be inclined to take it off strip it down and take a good look at it. Also, what brake fluid did you use and what was your choice of pads?

tcsmileysign.gif

Hi

Thanks for reply.

I used dot 3 and standard honda pads

Thanks

Nathan

OK, well the minimum you should be using is Dot 4, Dot 5 would be better and if you have ABS then Dot 5.1 is formulated especially to work better with this.
Pads, I would start looking for a higher performance after market replacements for these. Pads come in various types from standard, fast road, road track etc. Get something with a bit of life in it, maybe EBC Green stuff as a possible suggestion. So to sum up - change pads to a sportier version, have the caliper checked for any signs of the piston sticking and change the brake fluid to one with a much higher boiling point.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. ;)